Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 340 of 542 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 339 340 341 350 390 440 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

My DGM didn't go ta rehab 'cause her blood pressure wasn't under control. I couldn't go another night. I am exhausted. My DSis is gonna stay there tanight.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Bev my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this time, I hope your DGM gets the medical assistance she needs and can go to rehab and get well. Take care of yourself.

I have the approval of our Quilt Inspector for my final MB which was posted this morning, so if you haven't received a block from me it is on its way
    Karen

Good morning, ladies. Not good--I'm getting ready to leave for work. Yes, the latest nurse is gone. We knew she worked a second job at night on the week-ends, thought it was in a local nursing home. No, it was in a local strip club. Yes, she's a stripper. One of the patients recognized her from the club, made a joking comment that she looks so different with clothes on. What do you day to that???? She was politely asked to leave so I'm back to working until we hire another one. OMG, where does my manager find these people? And they all come with good references! At least it's never boring--I don't have to watch soap operas, I just go to work.

Have a great day, prepare for this major snow storm we're supposed to get tonight then again on Saturday. Do something you love today!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Oh JanRN you could write your own soap opera the only bright side is the farts you will be enjoying
    Karen

I checked my January goals and completed all but 3 practice blocks for FMQing. This month I plan to put the border on my Celtic Soltice, keep current on all my BOMs, block exchanges, the first border on my appliqué project and FMQ!!! I've ordered a supreme Slider so my sewing deck doesn't have any grooves or bumps and that will help with the movement. I was at Play Day yesterday and one of the ladies was quilting and it made the entire room hum with the sound. I want to be able to do that too.
    JanRN....what a hoot! At least someone was looking at her face!!!! Be safe in this next storm. It sounds like the east coast will get a double whammy.
    Jeanie....I grew on the eastern foothills of the Cascade mountains in Washington State where the rainfall averaged about 10 inches so I have some appreciation for how dry you are.
    OK...they say it takes a busy woman to get anything done. You amaze me with all that you accomplish in the sewing room while keeping the farm going. I know you aren't out in the barns everyday but you keep everything running behind the scenes!
    4-8 inches of snow predicted beginning at noon. We are in the north of the southern storms and the south of the northern storms so we usually don't get what is predicted. We'll know by tomorrow. Until then, more stars for me I the sewing room. Have a good day, stay safe and comfortable!

We had a rough day yesterday preparing for the storm; it wore me out and DH drove us home...we did deliver 8 dozen eggs, so we have space in our refrigerator again. But when we got home, the furnace had stopped working. I ended up going down the list in the phone book calling one business after another to find a business willing to come the distance and repair it....repairs turned out to be mere sum, but the charge for coming here was triple what the part cost! And I had another business on stand by in case the one who came could not fix it!

I will be able to assess my goals after this week. MB to do, the last one but no creative ideas there, just a blank. Sylvia and Dear Jane needs done each month; SYEs and now TW to work on as well. I have to see what else will happen here; the GMC malfunctioned yesterday, dh will take it this morning and see about that. Good news is radar says its snowing here, but it is not snowing yet, and the storm is not coming in....yet. May it be all 'hipe' of the weather men with no action of a storm.

JanRN, it seems retirement is not in the cards for you, yet. Hang in there, the third time is charm. OK, you make me feel tired, you do so much! Sucess from Mirabelle, that last idea worked very well to get the correct pattern for the SYEs. I appreciated all the efforts of Honchey trying to get it to me and I wasted a lot of paper trying to get it to work...but good news is that Mirabelle found a solution that works very well.

Onward, brave quilters, and celebrate the day. It will be gone tomorrow.

Ooooh Jan! I dont know if I should laugh or cry... either way... its tears! Dear, oh Dear! hang in there!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Blog Entries
    Jan--OMG! Like DearDamsel, I'm in tears. It takes all kinds, doesn't it? But ♫ ♪ "afarting you will go, afarting you will go, high ho the derry o, afarting you will go"♪ ♫
    It was predicted 12-18" of that 4 letter word beginning with "s", but it has shifted south--you into QNS and GGal land. Sorry ladies, but a couple of inches here is so much better than predicted.
    Oh so exciting basketball game last night! ISU Cyclones pulled the win after 3 OT's with OK State. Have all the little hexagon flowers done for GD quilt, but think I need another 2 rows of flowers. Good thing we still have Cyclone BB to watch!
    I love how our focus has changed from doing one project to sharing our skills and blocks, and now onto being a booster club to help us get our projects done. Thanks for being there!

Life is a journey that passes one minute at a time.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Jan, I did have to laugh! Sorry Your patient did go to that strip club otherwise he/she wouldn't have known Like GG said, someone was looking at her face!!!

Still no winter here, only at sunrise it's below zero. STay warm over there!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

So good to see everyone checking back on their January progress ... and looking ahead for their February To Do's. Congratulations for all that you have got accomplished in the first month of 2014. I so like OKSGlad's tag for it ... "The Booster Club" The accountability has been good for me and helped me to keep focused on what I wanted to get done.

QNSue ...
    no TW suggestions to add beyond what has already been said. As is often said on the QB you have to go with what speaks to you ... it's your quilt! And if it is not speaking to you, then maybe the quilt is not for you at that time.

JeanieG ... wow .. that's dry! Have I missed something, or have you not been away with your RV friends for awhile ... must be time!

MiraB ... looks like your goal for Feb is to keep MrMiraB AT WORK!

Anael ... Great January results especially the twins birthday celebrations!! Add in all your photographic achievements and what a month!! Now for February?????

DDamsel ... that is such a sweet quilt for your DD. Is it a surprise for her? How be you show us your WIP? Great school project for the kids. Of course, that makes work for you to prep thru to a sandwich and then say good bye to it!

JanRN ... Like the others, I'm laughing at the latest "episode". You really should write a book! Meanwhile I too am crying for you to be back working more. Hope you aren't back full time and can keep some sanity me-time in the mix! Or to get out of it, you could take on a 2nd job to be "seen" by a patient ............... so you can be politely asked to leave!! Can't help but laugh at the "facial" recognition, though am smiling at the patient owning up to his/her attendance!!! Yes, we are supposed to be joining you in this next major storm! ggrrrrrrrrr!

GGal ... Like you, it's hit and miss for the storm potentials here too ... except I can get it from 3 different patterns. Sometimes I get the best of the three ... or sometimes the worse of all three!

Will toddle off now and find my January list and check back soon to The Booster Club!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 02-04-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Here's my January goals .... and report ...................
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    ..........So here goes my January commitment .............
    (and you can commit me too!)
    1. Finish three quilt tops, with backing ready for sandwiching and binding prepared for finishing. Mission Accomplished!!
    a) D4P (already done) b) BCS Mystery (backing almost done, binding and flange yet to be made) c) D4P (not even sure if I have the backing yet, binding dependent on backing decision)
    2. MBs for January and February to be made. (obviously, mail January's!) .Done and Received by QNSue ... with February's soon to be sent on its way.
    3. Get out ♥ blocks and discover what is hiding in that box!!! Then decide what to do with them! .Got them out and discovered there were 12. Two are now made into a wall/door hanging. Others, not sure what to do.
    4. Complete 13 DJ blocks during the month (2 done already ... and a few are in progress already).Done! with one extra in the count.
    5. I added to the list ... and decided to start my own theme BOM ... with a 12" block that can be hung and changed monthly .......... the block is done and waiting for me to hand stitch the binding and then a small hanging sleeve.

Now what will I do in February??
    1. Complete the ♥ Wall/Door hanging so it can be hanging for V-Day!
    2. Mail February MB
    3. Make Theme BOM for February.
    4. Complete January's Theme BOM.
    5. Sandwich and start quilting one of the January quilt top completions ... probably the D4P first
    6. Make 13 more DJs!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Hey Ya'll. I got a phone call from DM & they went ahead & sent my DGM ta rehab. At rehab we found out that the hospital wasn't givin' DGM her thyroid Rx! At least at rehab she will be able ta have energy ta git better now! I finished handquiltin' my FFC wallhangin' while I was sittin' w/DGM. I also played a ton o' older games I haven't played since I found my quiltin' forums!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

As all of you must have noticed that I did not make a list of goals but I will say that one of them would be to sit back and watch the progress that all of you have proclaimed ...

I think I will join Honchey in sitting back. Well maybe I will spend some time in the clubhouse, but whatever I get done will be just a little here and there. No pp'ing for a while yet...of course the projects I want to work on most are 50 Stars and DJ. One day soon...things are healing it is just slow going. Dry needling on shoulder again next week.

Crock pot of Chili in the RV for this snowy day; snow has started very slowly, just dusting the ground. DH proclaimed the Chili just right in spices, beans and meat. Put the liner in the Crock pot so it can sit on warm for all comers anytime. Time will time whether we get 8 or 12 inches of white stuff.

Working on Sylvia, and its bringing back memories of the FWSQ construction...I love the variety of projects that I can work with in the Quilting Room.

It's alright, Honchey and Carrie, to sit back and cheer us on to our goals!

Oh Jan, I also got a chuckle with all the others on your retirement-less! You just never know about people these days!

QuiltE - good memory about our camping group. We took January off, as the main organization (FMCA) had a big rally near us. Several of our people attended, so we did not have a rally ourselves! However, we will be gone next Monday for our next camp out! We will return on Thursday. It is close by, so we won't have to travel very far. We usually go out with this group on the second full week of the month.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I really like the Booster Club analogy, everyone is so productive.
    DH left for work this morning so the house is nice and quiet, (except for MY music)
    QNS glad I could help, I am about to start the next Spike blocks, just finished my Sylvia blocks for February.
    The postie delivered me a lovely parcel yesterday, fabric for my 4 Patch Posie, still not sure what size I will cut them or whether I will cut squares or triangles. I have put it away for now, there is another piece to come which matches the pinky/reddy flowers

This is my weather today, rain and dark skies,

Have a great day everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Blog Entries
    Pretty fabric, Karen! Perfect for you 4P Posie.

Poor BobC; he's working OT. CPA called today to remind him of his (her) appt tomorrow. Yikes I thought it was Thursday. But that means Bob has the day off Thursday
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

We have snow here; will know how much tomorrow. All schools in the area are closed tomorrow. Hope someone will blade off the snow on our drive tomorrow.

I received not one but two blocks from OK today; will picture them tomorrow. Everyone stay safe and warm tonight. The fowl birds love their heated home....ducks particularly love the warmth there and guineas too. A couple of hens decided it was the night to stay out all night, but dh caught them and threw them into the hen house.

Mirabelle - I am jealous looking at that nice rain coming down. We are sooooo dry!

I got a beautiful block from Gladie yesterday. I will get a photo tomorrow and post. I got this month's MB all cut out and ready to sew.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Yeah they both arrived. Back to work
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Eight inches of snow that blew and drifted here; praying that a good neighbor will plow out the driveway soon. More snow coming in this weekend. Five above freezing now.

Took Advil and will Thera-Gesic my shoulder so I can get moving slowly...maybe. Its just a maybe day...mercy!

Eye candy to brighten up the day: Name:  1-DSCN0119.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  132.4 KBFrom OKsewGlad a pieced note card and two beautiful blocks. And the whole MB family on my bed: Name:  1-DSCN0120.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  127.2 KBOf course, Honchey's is at the top of the group! Love them all!.

The butterflies are hovering over the garden of blocks!!! Such beautiful work from all our gals!!!

I have my last block for February in the works...&...I'm playing with the 4 patch posies...&...I wrapping rope for a couple of coasters for my sister's charity bazaar this coming summer??? Hope we all survive this winter weather...it's driving my DH crazy worrying about the house up north....
    My Dr.gave me a prescription for a very mild pain med that's not addictive and I notice that it really is helping...I don't take it all the time..so far I've taken 4 of them at different times of the day/eve and notice that I can sleep thru the night if I take one around 7 p.m. He wants me to get off the Celebrex because it raises my BP.. Other than that I'm doing ok...although I'm dying to go to Wilmington to a quilt shop to get some scraps at $2 a stuffed bag..and I can really stuff them..I once ended up with 200 pieces charm size in a sandwich baggie!!! time to get off my duff and do something..later...H.

Here is my latest block from OKSEWGLAD. It is a beauty, thank you so much OK!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 340 of 542 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 339 340 341 350 390 440 ... LastLast