The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-14-2016, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

What a sweet memory, Givio.

NinaSue, that saying fits me to a "T"!
Old 07-14-2016, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
We are back in Midland & the air conditioner is out. Called the repairman. I sure hopes he comes soon. It is supposed to get up to 105* today. It is only 95* right now. LOL
My husband is from Texas, and one year we went down to visit his family. I could not believe one night out the bank signs showing 90+ degrees. I have never seen that high of a reading in East Tn at night. hehe.. I did not know what to think.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Givo, Oh My!!!! Not my idea of how to have a c-section. My teeth did not numb at all. With the sjogren's I have I lost all of my teeth. Well they had to all be pulled, and it is very common with many diagnosed with sjogren's, but not all. The mouth dryness is so severe that teeth easily break off at the gum line no matter how much dental care some of us had or how often we brushed our teeth etc. The dentist finally suggested to go to an oral surgeon and have the rest of them pulled and dentures. Not a person's dream, but I have to be honest, I was never so glad to get those teeth out and have never ever regretted it. With sjogren's it is the exocrine glands affected. All places in the body that produce or have fluid/moisture get very dry or go dry. (mouth, kidneys, heart lining, lung linings, female moisture, etc. etc. also the stomach moisture goes dry. So lots of meds to help produce more moisture and meds to try and halt some of the destruction. Corneas of the eyes can be damaged if not kept very lubricated. It's a beast when a person has it to the more extreme level. Lupus is another beast. Don't get me wrong! I am a very happy person, but I have to live with myself. hehe...

Oh I Have a funny story about getting a tooth pulled many years ago. I had one in the back that needed pulling, it was beyond repair, and others recommended this one particular dentist. They said he is really good, and his prices are great. Ok, so I take their word for it. Now this was before my autoimmune issues had become active in me. He gives the shots to numb my tooth, then proceeds to pull. It hurt way beyond painful, and I said stop! He said, what's wrong? I said it isn't numb yet and it's killing me. He said, ok I will give you some more numbing and that should take care of it. So he does his thing again, and it hurt just as bad. (I take pain better than most too) I again said stop! He didn't stop, so I grabbed him by the tie real hard. He gave me the meanest look I have ever seen, and didn't say a word, and stuck that numbing needle in again and must have really added the stuff. He pushed me back and pulled that thing out. I said, is it out? He said, YES NO THANKS TO YOU! His price was like $10.00 No wonder. That man never seen me again, and when my son heard about him he was ready to pay him a visit. My son said, I would take out a loan before I would see that guy. hehe...

Last edited by JuneBillie; 07-14-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

Such stories...oh my...

6yo GD lost her first tooth last week...had to wait for the tooth fairy as she swallowed it....

Made meatballs (4# of ground beef) and a broccoli salad and took to neighbors this noon...MrOK and DS going to visitation of another neighbor now.. I will go to her funeral tomorrow. Since April, we've lost 3 neighbors in less than a 2 mile radius.

Got the flimsy done last night...changed border fabric so I could have a bigger quilt. Picture won't upload...Will try again later.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

I received a very pretty YINZ HOME ? license plate today from JanRN. It's the first time I have seen one in person.
Thank you Jan. That was sweet of you.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:00 PM

I got mine form JanRN as well. Seems we are going to hometown tomorrow so will mail my licenses to everyone who said they were interested in them; JanRN packet will not be mailed until after the 29th, so I get a coupld more Amish shop licenses in the package. Hope everyone enjoys what I am sending out tomorrow.

DH is doing well; hope goes as well. His sandals are great and working out wonderful. I made his favorite food today...chicken and noodles.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:06 PM

Jan, I received your YINZ HOME today as well - love it!
Old 07-14-2016, 07:29 PM

Oh! Swallowed her first loose tooth! Ach! I hope it doesn't make her worry about losing the next one.

I've sent out the license plate to the girls that sent me their address. Enjoy! There's a note in the envelope with my address for sending back fabric scraps. Thanks for the trade! :-)

Last edited by givio; 07-14-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Power Poster

Got your bag of scraps ready to roll, givio... Can't wait to see the plate. Hopefully my YINZ plate will be in tomorrow's mail, since all the rest of yinz have gotten yours.

I have 5 row by rows done. Have been posting them in Pictures. So much fun. Who else is sewing rows?
Old 07-15-2016, 05:12 AM

Givio, have some fat quarters just awaiting your address...