Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-28-2016, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ View Post
Sorry I can't do the license plates right now DH has been in hospital for 17 days. Yesterday was a very bad day, he tries to get out of bed so they turned on the monoters and they can catch him now. I don't know if this is the beginning of the end or not. I had to do laundry this am, I usuall don't get home until 11 pm so I'm really tired then. Thanks for your prayers. Hope your day is better than mine will be.
HUGGS GrannyQ. Those hospital days ar so hard on both of ya'll. I will send my prayers for you & your DH.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post

SBG, I have a house in Brady that was my DGM's. DGDad died in 2005. DGM sold it in 2006. DH bought it for me in 2012. In 2014 DGM died. We considered it our lake house. It was a farm house built in 1920. In 1968 it was moved to it's current location & remodeled. My DGParents bought it in 1982.
Then a year & a half ago DH retired early. Last year we decided to move to Brady & sell our house in Midland. I think this has been the longest move in the history of mankind as we started in Sept. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I worked on the sewing room last week & we brought a ton of my sewing stuff this trip. We drove down to Brady today & will be here till the 10th or 11th. I think the next trip will be the last of the moving stuff. I do hope that we will be able to get the house in Midland up for sale soon after that.
All this coming & going I am so confused every morning as I wake not knowing which house I am at. LOL
Oh, I love the story of the Brady house! I bet you can't wait to stay there permanently, Bev. It sounds like you have the majority of the moving done. I know what a pain it is. It would be for me, because we would have so much to get rid of. Hubby is a packrat and I know that he won't let us get rid of a thing while he is alive. When he's gone, I'll have such a job to do, digging out from under it all! The kids want us to move to Memphis where they live, but it would be too traumatic for my hubby, I'm afraid. I would LOVE to go!
Old 06-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Honchey, I love your idea of a Gypsy Quilt. I found a pattern I can use up most of my scraps and make several quilts, I think. Last All Iowa Quilt Shop Day is the last day of June, and a friend has offered to drive me on a short hop and turn my passport in then. So I will 'look' a little more at things. SBG, I love your sites you referred too above.

Everyone have a great week.
QNS, while you are shop hopping take pictures of any good rows or plates you see! I looked on the RxR website and Iowa is a state with about a hundred participating shops! They have pages of pictures of the rows and plates that each shop has. There's a really beautiful one from the "The Fabric Stasher" shop in Tipton, IA. Is that one that you are going to, by any chance? I might need to put out some feelers to see if any QB people are up that way...
Old 06-28-2016, 07:58 PM

This move really makes financial sense. The house in Midland was only bought 3 years ago so it has a high mortgage & the house in Brady is paid off. Don't get me wrong I have loved the last 3 years in that house but I will also loooove living in Brady! With DH retired early it only makes sense.
I have had a hard time throwing stuff away so I do understand how your DH feels. When we moved 3 years ago (from a house that we had lived in for 25 years) I threw a lotta stuff away then. It was hard to let it go but I did. You'd think that there wouldn't be that much to toss this time but there is! It really does upset me when I throw stuff away. I had to tell DH, last fall, that he had to quit saying that stuff had to "go by by." That really did upset me. We are gonna have a garage sale but I am beginning to think that if it is too junky for me then most people won't want it either. I usually keep things way past their usefulness. We will have it but I bet we take a bunch of it to Goodwill. We have given a ton of stuff to our kids. That helped.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Power Poster

Yes, I think it's always easier to repurpose stuff... give to someone who may need it, than to just put it in the trash. But then... some things only belong in the trash. My husband saves old pill bottles in case he needs them for something someday... ridiculous.

I'm glad that I have my charity quilters group. I can always bring sewing stuff and patterns and give them away. One man's trash.... and all that.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:23 AM

SBG, I am not close to Tipton, Iowa. Just the towns I said. It will be a short trilp. Sorry. I will take pictures of all and tell you how many I have....Friday.

I am still getting rid of things we do not need; papers and checking through them are the most time consuming. Still moving a head on going through them one day a week. Slow steps, but its moving forward on it. And we have been here eleven years. Friend carted away three big car loads of stuff to recycle this winter.. . might have been five or six. It's gone and forgotten about. So I bought new projects and putting on my calendar Quilt Room Days... Do not disturb unless its an earthquake!
Old 06-29-2016, 11:40 AM

Hey everyone, my email address is gonna change. If any of ya'll want my new address send me a PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:28 PM

Message sent. Dublb.

All ready and packed to go tomorrow. Looking hard at KT at the last shop, hoping to match the Stars Crossed to have enough to finish that one. Whatever the others have, it will be a surprise. Good company, means good Times. Sun will be shinning and so will the smiles.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

Have a wonderful outing with your friends tomorrow, NinaSue. I am envious that you live near enough to so many shops that you can do shop hops like this! We have practically nothing here. I'm sure it will be a fun day.

What is KT???

Today I worked on some more past squares and finished Georgia, Golda, Grandma and Grandmother. Got 4 "Gs" out of the way! Now I have 58 blocks! Wow, how did that happen? Only 22 left to catch up to the current spot where we are in the book, and then I think we all have about 13 left to do to the end. (I skipped a few that I didn't like).
Old 06-30-2016, 03:51 AM

KT is Kansas Trouble. SBG, we all skipped what we did not like. Still do. Changing to new computer DD said that I needed on the fifth of July. Hope I get up and running that day, but there are no guarantees in life.