Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-30-2016, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Good morning....my QBuddy and I are going on a FART today....she needs a backing for her GD's wedding quilt...we haven't gotten together since March...what happened to our monthly get togethers? Enjoy your trip, too. QNS..

Wow 100 RxR stores in Iowa...yesterday I kitted up another batch of ours..before I had them all bagged I had sold one. I guess it is well liked.

Love hearing what everyone is doing or why they aren't getting something done..have a good one...
Old 06-30-2016, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

Have fun Gladdie and NinaSue! Today I am still ironing all the new fabric I got on my FARTs, after prewashing it. I really like to have everything prewashed and pressed. Somehow I enjoy ironing my new fabric. Fabric makes me happy.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Here is Iowa's 100 shops that are doing RxR.... with pictures of each shop's row and plate. I wish every state had this kind of picture chart.

Scroll down to page 10 and look at the row for The Fabric Stasher in Tipton... the cat on it is so beautiful!

https://siterepository.s3.amazonaws....2016_flyer.pdf
Old 06-30-2016, 06:39 PM

Next week I get mailers from Wal Mart and mail licenses I have to all of you. That's JeanieG, Dublb, Honchey, SBG, and JuneBilly. If I am in any other quilt shop, I will pick up more but not planning on it right now. I turned in my passport to the All Iowa Quilt Shop Hop to Cindy Lou's in Chariton, Iowa, where I started on the first day of June and turned in 19 shop stamps to her today. I blew out the budget today and found great wonderful things at all four quilt shops. Ready to get some things done, and get to the stage of doing new stuff. IF I left off anyone's name please let me know. Kinda like if we left someone at the last quilt store, please speak up . . as we pull back onto the main road. Let me know when you receive your surprise in the mail.

It rained here today, I yelled at my Dh and said, " run outside quick so you can get wet!" Yep, the little storm blew on by before he could get out to get wet! Big cracks are in teh ground, water bill was $$$ too much and we need that rain.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:00 PM
Power Poster

NinaSue, please show us your loot when you get a chance.

I have just packaged up license plates to Bev and QNS... on their way to you tomorrow! Anyone else out there want to trade? My plates are Mississippi and say "Bless Ur Heart". I'm saving one for you too, Honchey.

Today I completely finished my embroidery quilt top, Aunt Bea's Parlor. The double sawtooth border was a booger. Lots of resewing to make those fit! I think this is the nicest quilt I've even done. Gonna ponder how to quilt it....

I also made a "Quick Strippie" quilt top for charity tonight. So easy, and they always look good (as long as you use a bigger print, a smaller print or tonal, and a solid for the smallest strips.)
http://www.maryquilts.com/quick-strippie/
If you haven't ever tried this pattern, it really does go together in about an hour, and that includes the cutting. Great stash buster, too.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:34 AM

Later I will show pictures. mIles to go first. Three hens to dress, breakfast and down the road a piece. Have a good one everyone.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:27 AM

SBG, you must have an air-conditioned home? to enjoy ironing in July! :-) We had some rain last night, so ironing would be ok today, but some of those June days! I was dripping sweat. :-p

I had the same question about 'what is KT' earlier in this thread. And the funny thing about that was that I was using Kansas Troubles fabrics at the time making a quilt top! I've just received it back from a friend who did an all-over stipple quilting pattern on it for me with her long arm. I'm looking forward to putting it up for auction after I get the binding on, to donate the resulting bid to my church missionaries. I'll add a picture of it.

I won't scroll back to read all the chatting I've missed. I hope you all have been fine and getting done what you have planned to do! :-) I've had overtime at work, so I've not been so much online. I'm going to try to move forward on my FWS blocks over the holiday weekend.

I got side-tracked with a twin size quilt lately. But now it's finished. I found some cute fabric that I thought would be nice using the stack-and-whack method. I cut triangles, and was sort of disappointed in the result. I thought the stacks would look more interesting, but maybe the pattern of the fabric was too big. I don't know. I'm just beginning experiments with S&W. I'd like to get some tips from QNS, if you have some! :-) Here's a couple of pictures of it. I'm calling this quilt "Let's go to the beach together" (like the text in the fabric!). A nice top to finish during the summer. :-)
Attached Thumbnails c.jpg   .jpg   b.jpg  
Old 07-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Hello to everyone. I meant to add this last night an forgot. I have been going over a lot of things, and I also need to go by a fabric shop to get fabric etc. to make my son and daughter in law a smallish quilt for a gift for their repeating their vowels this summer.

Therefore, I won't be able to be in on the exchange of any license plates. I am so sorry, because if I did do it I would want to do it with all of you. So QNS please take me off the list.

Givio those are beautiful quilts.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Air conditioning? Oh, heck yes! Everything here in the deep South is A/C'd... Don't know how they made it back during my grandmother's days. Every day during the hot summer was spent trying to survive it. Sometimes I get tired of being cold and just go sit on the porch for a while and experience summer! Hubby keeps it like an icebox in here.

Good to see a post from you, Givio! Your KT quilt is drop dead gorgeous! I don't know enough to be able to tell the dif between KT and Civil War fabrics. Really like the fabric and sampler patterns in your beautiful quilt. The stack n whack is cute and fun too. I really like how the sashing changes a few shades as you move towards the outside of the quilt. Very cool, and that orange looks good with the other colors.

JuneBillie, it's okay if you can't swap license plates. Be sure to show us that quilt you will make for your son and dil....
Old 07-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

I think the only one that had my address, is QNS. If you have sent one to me already, I will send it back to you, but with something extra. Or, there is one shop I would be passing next week, and I could check to see if they have one I could send to you. I always do right by anyone.