Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-26-2016, 06:14 PM

Peaches YUM! When we took our DGSon back to Bastrop for his DM to pick him up (last week) I wanted DH to stop at the peach stands that were everywhere. The traffic was so bad that he was afraid that he'd never get back on the road. I am hoping to go to Fredricksburg next week to get some peaches. If it doesn't happen that's OK too.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

Here's the sneak peek of my embroidery quilt. It's Aunt Bea's Parlor by Black Cat Designs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]552965[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02573-small-.jpg  
Old 06-27-2016, 05:39 AM

Beautiful, SBG! I used to do that when I could see, sigh, those days are gone. It is wonderful to see your projects, and how lovely they are. Thanks so much for sharing.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

SBG that is the prettiest quilt done that way I have ever seen. I just love hand embroidery. My eyes are not doing good, because they stay blurry most of the time, but I still try. I want to go look for that pattern even to maybe make my sister something smaller with it. I Just love your quilt.

My youngest sister and her husband are selling their home they have lived in a long time, and have found a condo close to where she works in Oak Ridge Tn. and it's closer to where her husband lives too. He is a butcher for the store he works for. He has done that all his life. They don't have any children, and they are in there 40's. They found this place with just 2 other homes connected. Right now they live in this house that is too close the highway, and it dips down under the highway so is dangerous. This condo they found in foreclosure so they got a good deal on it. They both work so hard I am just so happy for them.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:44 AM

SBG, Oh so Pretty quilt!!!! I'm sending a copy to my sister..She does this type of embroidery...
Old 06-27-2016, 10:21 AM

Oh, very pretty SBG!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:26 AM

O SBG! That is so lovely! My DM makes hand embroidery quilts.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

I am like the rest of you, I am going to print SBG's picture out for future inspiration.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

Thank you friends for all the nice comments on the Aunt Bea's Parlor quilt. This is the page for the pattern, as well as their other embroidery quilt patterns.

http://www.black-cat-creations.com/items.php?id=4

You can also use this format and instead use the Aunt Martha's transfers. Some of those have been around since the dark ages, so they would make sweet vintage-looking quilts too, with the feedsacks. I really love the feedsacks and the embroidery together. And the way the blocks are cut on point and then squared up again with the corner triangles. That was very easy to do.... You can see why I couldn't resist this pattern when I saw the sample quilt!

Well today I was drawn like a magnet back to the FINAL DAY of the one of our Hancock's that closed today. It was madness in there. The liquidator was there quoting just stupid prices in order to get all the final inventory out! I got 24 yard of fabric for $15! Big sport zippers for bags... 25 cents each. Clover bamboo knitting needles... 25 cents a set. Skeins of beautiful pearl cotton... 25 cents each. Fun, but also traumatic to see a long time 'go-to' store in that shape, with the doors closing forever. Here's the final haul of fabric. These will just be charity quilt backs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553030[/ATTACH]

We still have one more Hancocks in the area that is about 3-4 weeks away from closing. I'm keeping my eye on a roll of wool batting. I'm hoping no one here in Mississippi but me WANTS wool batting! It's very expensive yet, even at 50% off. When it goes to about 70%, (if it's still there) I'm going to pounce.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02574-small-.jpg  
Old 06-27-2016, 07:16 PM

OH SBG! What a haul! I think that my Handcocks is still about a few weeks from closing. Alas there is no wool batting left there. I do hope that the Fusi-Boo is marked way down when I get back in town. We are heading to Brady tomarrow & will come back on the 10th or 11th.