Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 389 of 542 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 388 389 390 399 439 489 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Honchey, I got two emails about free patterns; thank you Ok and Honchey. I am using up my stash and have made a big dent in it on current projects. On the blue WW, I did purchase that fabric with the credit at the shop that I had.

Mo friend and I had fun the last four days of her visit here...finishing up her quilt her Mother made that will be a Christmas gift to her daughter and working on her dgs I SPY quilt. All 144 five inch pieces for the front is cut out...to quilt as I go. The back with be separate, another set of five inch pieces for it...also quilted as I go, then joined together and sewn in the ditch only...and bound. Front are his favorite things, Tom the RR engine car, and other wheels of a two year old boy...back side is the 'pond' with lilies, frogs, ducks, and turtles, water, pond rocks and water done as the same size five inch pieces.

Mama and her kittens, two wall hangings are what I hope to finish this month. Work on finishing the TW... may be a star or two...Sylvia...block or two.

Dublb, sending "hugs' your way; lovely picture you posted. She was loved and gave love.

Honchey, great pictures of your projects. An inch at a time is very slow; I sewed two strips together from selvage to selvage, then cut off each pair each time...and arranged them into smaller boxes.

Good to hear from GG, Honchey, and Dublb. Looking forward to more pictures from everyone.

Blog Entries
    To answer inquiring minds--my little house project

I found the "building little houses scraps" on line in 2012 and started building, but I didn't PP--EQ'd my own pattern. Have over 100 made. Of course am using scraps from my "pre cut" bins. Been a great way to get rid of the odds and ends--will have to get back to this as I have a lot of short 1" strips and 1 1/4" squares I can work with

Just found the QB link tonight, she know longer has the pattern on her site, but is selling it on Etsy. Since then she's started another little house project using a rubber stamp that you can foundation piece also available from Etsy.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...s-t173363.html

http://translate.google.com/translat...26channel%3Dsb

The "little house" drawer
    Name:  House box.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  292.4 KB

Just a few...I'm keeping the sky all shades of blue, the roofs with "roof like" fabrics. Name:  Just a few.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  134.7 KB

A close upName:  close up.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  57.4 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OK, they are soooo cute... how small are they???

Those are great OK! What a fun way to use up all those scraps!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Thanks, H & J! They are 3" finished, Honchey. They have been fun to do--time to get back to them don't you think?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oh my , YES!!! I just drew up an EQ7 pping pattern from looking at your little houses!!!! I have so much fabric scraps....Oh No...am I going to start another project...well, if anything, it won't take up much space

Good morning, just checking in all you busy folks.

Bev, so sorry for your loss. Your DGM was a beautiful lady. I'm sure you have plenty of memories to comfort you.

Anne, thanks for the email, no new projects for this gal right now; have too many things going on. OKSewglad, not only are you busy sewing but also in the garden. Love the little houses. I found a Kaffe Fasset pattern for something similar a few years back, made a few; they're probably in The Box. Ggal, can't wait to see your finished SYE.

We had to say good bye to Patches yesterday. Knew it was coming but it still wasn't easy. He was such a great little dog. My heart is aching.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry you had to say good bye...There are times I find myself stopping short because I think my Shamus will be in my way...it's been 14 yrs ...his spirit still visits me...

DH is taking me to one of my favorite shops...They have a big box in the front of the store with 5" charms of fabric and they are 5 cents each...a pack of 40 is $2...I'm going to have some fun today...

Honchey, for that price, I would sent you ten bucks to cover the charms and shipping!

JanRN, so sorry to hear about patches...I know he was well loved and will be missed...but his memory will be in your heart forever.

OK, I am not sure how you find the time to do all of your quilting you do. Another great project. Mirabelle, you have been quiet lately....you must be busy on projects...

My feet are swelling now...cannot seem to stop them . I hate 'fat' toes. Taking water pills, drinking tons of water, elevating them, ect.. even of a morning after a night of sleeping, the toes are 'fat'. Need to see Dr next week, I guess.

Jan, so sorry you had to say good bye to Patches!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry about Patches! It is so hard to put a dear friend down. I often think of our Australian Shepherd that was deaf and going blind. She was such a wonderful dog, but running into things - it broke my heart!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I've been HOPPING, Ladies! .... did two shops on Tuesday (came home because of rain)
    Friday/yesterday seven and again today/Saturday seven more!
    All but one of our Ontario July Shop Hop 13 LQS' also are in the Row by Row. Plus I added in three that were just RxR. So I now have 13 red and white blocks to stitch up into a quilt .... and 15 RxR patterns.

Has anyone else been out Hopping?

OKSGlad ...
    good strategy ... take a break from all those stars! I'm like Anael, and have hard time doing repetitive work! Though when I do, I think, oh this is so nice ... just get in a routine and production happens! Look forward to seeing your red and cream mini! With all your plans, your shed is soon going to be too small ... you may have to add on an addition, before long! Maybe should have gone for a bigger one? Sleepovers in it will create so many good memories for your Grands!!! Especially when they convince you to stay out there with them! My goodness ... look at your Little Houses! They remind me very much of a subdivision I have made. Much the same pattern and scrappiness, only much larger ... I think they are 10". It was a BOM at an LQS a few years ago, with a quilt block on the side panel. I did them all scrappy and then they sat on my design wall for eons as I didn't know what to do with them. Tucked them away, and one of these times they will need see the light of day and I'll make a decision on their destiny!

JanRN ... So sad for you to have said good bye to Patches. He was with you for so long, and was a big part of your life which makes it so hard to say the final farewell. I know your loss, leaves a huge hole in your ♥. BTW ... No need to feel a slacker re goals ... you get a lot accomplished without making lofty plans.

DublB ... so sorry for your loss. Remember all the good and special times you had with your DGM.

GGal ... so good to "see" you!! Looks like you have been busy for sure. Tis the season. I am really looking forward to seeing your Spike because of your unique way of putting it together. I know, patience IS a virtue!

Honchey and QNS ... Looks like the two of you have been busy. Some great projects in the works.For me, looks like the two of you have been busy sewing! A great way to stay cool in the summer ... for those of you with a/c. No a/c in my home, but with my sewing room is in the basement, I seek refuge there as it's usually cooler and sew to my ♥s content!

Here's some of what I have finished up lately ...
    The Shower Spike!
    The Bride's colours in her registry were all black and white, so I chanced adding in a splash of pink. The black and red both have some gold bling in them. The backing is the grey/black check, for practicality, in case they want to flip it over and put something on it.

Name:  Spike#1HillaryShower (8).JPG
Views: 62
Size:  1.50 MB

June is Dairy Month ... what better than a Churn Dash block for my Theme Block Mini hanger.
    Name:  ThemeBOM6June (7).JPG
Views: 61
Size:  1.52 MB

July 1st was Canada Day, so I kept with that theme for my July block ... Canada Mariner's Compass
    Name:  ThemeBOM7July (3).JPG
Views: 62
Size:  1.54 MB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Hi Everyone, I hopped to one place that is part of the Row...I have my DS picking up 3 rows in De....& I will have 4 to get to in NJ... So I will have 8 patterns when al is said & done...

I picked up 275 charms today several 10 of each pattern...some xmas. some blues for the house block sky....they will be replenishing the box for Monday...I will go back there after I drop off DH at the golf course and Have some more fun...
    We were out most of the day, running around to all my favorite haunts when we're here in NC....Stopped at Habitat Restore store and lo & behold I finally found a knitting pattern for a plain cardigan sweater, a little rack for the little side sink in the kitchen and 2 pretty low stem wine glasses all for $2.78...What a deal!!!
    Now I'm exhausted and it's almost time to play a few games of solitare then it's beddy bye for me....

Honchey ... Lucky for you that you were able to persuade your son to do the pick ups for you. Today, I saw two of the RxR quits finished .... and had claimed their 45 FQ prize! Are aiming to complete and collect too?

QuiltE, I'm sure if my son had the time he would love to pick them up....NOT!!!

My sister lives in Delaware and will be doing it for me... I also saw one finished...can't remember where tho...

ha! ... DSis!!!!!!!!!!!

QuiltE, beautiful work' the dash churn one really is a darling mini. Honchey sounds like you enjoyed your day. Yes, QuiltE, I did get a couple of days in the June All Iowa Quilt Shop Hop, and visited a total of 19 shops, thanks to quilter 65 who did most of the driving...remember the picture I posted at Connie's Shop with Carrie and Quilter 65?

I was shoping for four colors of red for this project:Name:  1-DSCN0019.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  65.5 KBAll the other colors have been cut out. And I can just hear someone say: 'Does she ever finish any?' Almost on two, just trying to decide the borders:Name:  1-DSCN0020.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  88.4 KBName:  1-DSCN0022.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  70.7 KBon the trellis of lilacs top and the blue/white nine patch top. Then my Mo friend picked three pieces for me that I love:Name:  1-DSCN0017.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  52.7 KBMiddle one is darker than the photo shows. Plans for this fabric is unknown at this time.

You are just moving along great QNS! I love, love, love the lilacs! Wow what beautiful fabric, and I'm also admiring the three bottom fabrics. They will look beautiful in whatever pattern you chose.

As for what I have been working on:

I have quilted 1/3 of my Celtic Solstice (it has been too warm to do another section that is basted and ready), and I'm almost finished with a new purse pattern. I did the latest "Train Ride" mystery here on the board as my leader/enders for Celtic Solstice, and it turned into a great table topper. I still need to back it. I did the Mystery Charity Quilt that was on Missouri Star Quilt Co, and it turned out to be a more modern quilt. I have several sections to sew together, then it will be a flimsy. It may stay a flimsy for a long time - I am not at all fond of the pattern.

I have lost interest in the 50 Stars that I started, maybe will start up again as they are considering starting it up again next year. I am still not that fond of PP. The same with the Quilting on the Square odd shaped blocks. Both are PP, and I just could not handle that much of it. I think I'll turn the ones I have into a table runner.
    Last edited by JeanieG; 07-13-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Wow I have just caught up on the chatter..

Bev my deepest sympathy to you and your family on the sad loss of your DGM, I know how hard it is to let go of the ones we love.

JanRN it is so hard when our pets leave us, they become part of our family and are like our children sometimes, but I am sure you have lots of wonderful memories.

QNS lovely fabric and projects

Honchey and Oksewglad, wonderful mini projects, (please don't tempt me)

I am still plodding away at Sylvia (72 blocks made) 50 Stars (23 finished) Jane (still only 39 blocks) QOTS Miniatures (only 6 behind) and another two BOM's that I am doing and up to date with. DD finished her Spike quilt and now I have it for quilting, I have done a little SID and almost ready to attack the free motion quilting. But that will have to wait for next week as I have carpet cleaners coming next Thursday so have to pack up the 3 bedrooms, leaving only the beds, which also means packing up my sewing room and shock horror unplugging my machines.. I hope to get all the curtains washed before the end of the week and then next weekend put everything back all nice and clean.

I hope I haven't missed replying to anyone, will try and pop in more often but at the moment life is just hectic for me.

Hugs to everyone
    Karen

dublb - so sorry for your loss.
    JanRN - so sorry for your loss as well.
    oksewglad - oksewcute.
    QuiltE - yippee for hopping. Me, no hops lately. Haven't left the house much other than to go to work as I've been etching like mad for several weeks and just finished 2-2 day craft fairs back to back. I sure hope to get back to crafts for me soon. The final colourways of the raven fabric have arrived (the postie was pleasantly surprised to receive a very enthusiastic "thank you" from me when she delivered the parcel) and I am itching to make a few more of my filler/tie-in blocks.

Your latest quilts look beautiful.

QNS - lovely reds, beautiful tops, and I love the bottom 3 fabrics.

mirabelle - wonder how many pins will suddenly reappear while they are cleaning the sewing room carpet.

*giggles* at the pins resurfacing!!

W4Me ... not likely, MiraB is such a NancyNeat MollyMaid'ish type! As for around my sewing area, probably ... even though I do try to keep ahead of them, I bet many would surface! So with the shows over, does that mean you can now get back to your much loved MIIHO, PC and other stitching projects?

JeanieG and QNSue ... lots of progress!

MiraB ... you'll be in withdrawal! Easy on all the packing up and moving, or else you'll be down and out with your back next. Can't have that!

Me? ... yesterday was to be a good sewing day, after all my Hopping! Ended up working as my colleague called, to come and get the displays out for August. Some of the signage needs to be re-done/updated. However, en-route, I just happened to pass by a RxR Shop and just had to drop in! Got things sorted and organized, and now my to do list has grown significantly, which means my quilting time is reduced. Of course, I will sneak some in with the reward system in full play .... complete stages of the WORK, then I can sew! Bonus ... picked black caps and mulberries ... mmmmmmmmm good treats for me to come home with. Plus supper out! Then late getting home.

Back to the salt mines .....................

We dressed out three brown duck drakes this morning....too many drakes stresses out the female ducks. We both agreed the others are all 'pets'...no more butchering of the ducks...at least, small ducks. Too much work for what meat you end up with to freeze and eat. Now all the ducks can enjoy the orchard together for their lifetimes.

Don't know how to border the lilac trellis quilt or the nine patch. Though about the split nine patch for that border... still thinking....that's why its been on the 'shelf' for a couple or more years. I do have the backing for each one and know where the lilac one is going. Have the green/purple lilac fabric and green leaf fabric for a another one...it goes together quickly.

No shortage of things to do; just the energy to do them. Taking some Ginsana and hope it gives me more energy. Also drinking lots of green tea and water to rid my body of all the 'left over stuff' from the steroids...that causes the swelling of my right foot. Elevating the foot at night is also helping. Now to lose the sixteen pounds I gained with them. Everone have a good day...its here today and gone tomorrow.

Who Me!!! Nancy Neat Molly Maid Sorry Work4Me no pins on my floor, I have a magnetic picker upperer and as soon as one is dropped it is picked up as my dog sits under my table as I sew and I can't have him getting any in his paws.

After so many years of not having a sewing room and working in a limited space, I am kind of organised, so have added some pics for you.
    When my son left home I commandeered his bedroom as my very own, as it has the most cupboard space.
    The first pic is my project boxes, on the shelf under them are more and on the floor are my other sewing machines
    The second pic is the middle cupboard, with my bolts of fabric also quilt tops hanging that need to be finished and backing fabric, also my half made quilt tops like Sylvia and 50 Stars
    The last pic is of my yardage and FQ's, everything is folded and pretty much in order. I also have a small bookcase that holds 8 plastic baskets for my scraps all sorted into colours
    Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Mirabelle--thanks for sharing some pictures...I think I see some "shimmer" (butterfly) fabrics here and there.

I have been fighting headaches again the last several days. Dr upped my meds a couple weeks ago (because headaches were coming more often) and last week I started getting dizzy in the mornings...gradually it got worse and this morning I actually passed out. I now have to wean off the meds completely decreasing a pill every three days. Hopefully I don't feel worse before I start feeling better....

That is awful Carrie - I sure hope you did not hurt yourself when you passed out. How scary! It is the pits - medication is suppose to make you feel BETTER, not make you worse. Hopefully they can find a different medication for you headaches that will work.

Page 389 of 542 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 388 389 390 399 439 489 ... LastLast