Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 388 of 542 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 387 388 389 398 438 488 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,700 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Wow it is June already and time to post our May goals, or lack of whichever you wish

My goals for last month were

Finish Darkness borders -- got the whole quilt top sewn
    Quilt Spike --
    Finish my next ABC quilt
    African Animals is quilted and bound
    Sesame Street is quilted and bound
    I also sewed 2 more rows on my Wild and Goosey
    And I managed to keep up to date with all my BOW's

Phew I am tired now, but another month another set of goals....mmmmm

Of course stay up to date on my bow's
    Start quilting Darkness (1 row of quilting means it's a start right)
    Finish my String quilt, not necessarily have it quilted
    Quilt 2 more charity quilts
    I have started a Japanese type quilt for DD but it is not talking to me so might have to try and have a conversation with it and move it along too. Might put it on the design wall and stare at it for a few days

So who is next??????????????????

So my June goals did not go to plan, lets see
    Did not start quilting Darkness think I am a bit scared to start it
    Did finish my String quilt, not yet quilted
    I did manage to stay on top of my BOW's (just)
    Finished all my Snuggle quilts and they have been delivered
    Not a lot happening with the Japanese quilt at this stage.

SO for July I plan to
    Keep up to date with BOW's
    More Wild and Goosey blocks
    Work on the Japanese quilt
    THINK about quilting Darkness
    Quilt DD's Spike quilt

Plan on taking it slow this month.
    Karen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Oh mirabelle, wonderful finishes. I can't make a June list. I'll just renew my May list for June

Now my May list
    1. Work on the April list!
    2. Work on potholders for out of towners with Iowa fabric on the back.--coming along...have 9 finished yeah!!--delivered
    3. Finish the Warm Wishes quilt...hand stitiching the binding now. she loved it
    4. Use Leaders and Enders more effieciently. On shop hop bought a BH book...have been cutting fabric to accommodate a couple of quilts in the book using 2 inch squares.
    5. Make a table runner for TV stand. Sandwiched and ready to quilt. It's big 24 x 60 I think. hope to quilt this tomorrow night need to bind it now
    6. Put together Historians book for Quilt Guild. Through out the year I've been taking pictures of Show N Tell at guild meetings. Now working on the book. still working on this...still working on this...

Okay, my July list is going to look alot like the above

So here goes
    1. Put binding on TV stand runner
    2. Finish historian's book.
    3. Put together FCC quilt--yes I have a plan!
    4. Sew Under Lincoln's Stars and maybe quilt it.
    5. Sew a red mini for RSC14 challenge and think about previous month's colors for more mini's.
    6. Finish the mini's I have WIP's.

That should keep me out of the heat and in the cool sewing space. I'm so glad we have started this. It helps to keep me on track...but also allows for new experiences.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks for everyone's concern for my shoulder...so far so good.

My July goals are:

1. Work on 50 Stars (at least one block a week)
    2. Finish quilting quilt for someone that attends our retreats...I have tried a couple times but can't figure out how I want to quilt it. I want to have it done by the end of the month so I don't have to think about it any more!
    3. Finish nephew's quilt (1 block left, then assembly).

Rain and more rain tonight. Watch out East of us, more water coming your way. It is cooling things down.

My eye checked out today, 20/25 minus one. Optic nerve not swollen, but old dried blood particles are still in the back of my eye. Freaky how I can see and not see things. Putting aside all the medium to hard quilt patterns and staying with the easy ones....love the Warm and welcome free pattern that Oksewglad posted. In 'blue lights' or Wal Mart, I feel like I am blind. No depth perception at all... curbs are taken slowly, and carefully so I will not fall down. Next checkup at the end of September. Thanks to my quilting buddy for taking me to my appointment today and to the book store to pick up a few books...Of course, one title was Twenty-one by Janet Evanovich.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    To the Booster Buddies for your June progress.

Great to see so many of you have some summer sewing planned for July!!!

Should keep us all satisfied with lots of eye candy!

Anael ...
    so far so good with my machine and quilting. Got the June + July theme blocks quilted and bound. Just need their hanging sleeves. Started the runner. Love that red tonal in your Just Takes One. Bet you will be done it in no time!

JanRN ... I know, I might have gone a little overboard in the goals. However, I know that the more I have to do the more I tend to do. First priority this next three months though will be WORK ... and unfortunately all quilting might go out the proverbial window! Though if I have my list, I will probably sneak some in, as de-stressers at times!

OKSGlad ... sure go and tempt me with another project, but I will resist!!!!!! Your RSC looks like a fun way to find a new project every month. Look forward to seeing your mini creation. I'm like you and finding the Booster Buddies are a great help to getting things done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mirab, OK, & QE you make me feel like a slacker with the goals you have!

QNS, sounds like a great report from the eye doctor. I had my check-up last week and my vision is 20/30, I'd say you've had great results from your treatment. I hadn't needed new glasses in awhile--OMG aren't they expensive? And the frames are all "designer" label--from Dior to Vera Bradley (who knew?) I only wear my glasses to drive or watch tv so I got a larger style. Now I'm afraid I'll look like Harry Potter.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Not Harry Potter; JanRN, he is one of a kind....unique and unreal. More like an Information RN service to keep all of us on our toes and informed....by things we need to know. I favor the larger rims, rather than the tiny ones that just barely cover the eye itself. Have worn glasses since first grade when I was five. I do have one blind left eye; I look the same as ever, but don't see as good. Think Abe Lincoln said that about the blind horse he was selling. I go back to Dr. Clark in the middle of August. Cannot see as good as I did last November after cataract surgery, but better than being blind...and will continue doing what I can with the sight I do have.

High winds hit us hard last night, but all our trees and buildings are still standing. Hope Honchey, and GardenGal are doing OK and having fun.

Blog Entries
    It must be the "eyes" have it this month. QNS--hope your eye continues working for you. Glad you like the Warm Wishes pattern--yes it's easy to piece, but really makes a nice quilt.
    Yeah Jan sticker shock when I got my new glasses--each lens was $125. Guess that's what I get for having astigmatism and the need for bifocals.
    DH cut hay yesterday--and another 1 1/4" rain fell early evening. Ground is getting a "little" wet and with tall hay shading the ground it doesn't dry out very fast.
    Picked my first cucumber yesterday--only about 3' long, but looked so tempting....Now to pick broccoli again and a few peas. Made a quiche yesterday with kale from the garden too. Enjoyed a sauteed yellow squash for dinner on Sunday.
    Have 40 of the stars finished--and had to do something different Anael . So I put together a little red and cream mini. Just need to sew binding down. Plan on taking it over to friend's tonight to work on. Taking girls into vacation Bible school so will have some time to visit while they are there. Will share when I get it finished. Oh Jan, goals are just that....not always reached, which is why they are repeated
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Wow, so much agoin' on while I was away. 5 pages! My trip ta Brady was a bit crazy. First when we first got there we discovered that the toilet supply line had busted some time in the last 2 weeks. Half o' the down stairs was flooded. It took a whole day ta git all o' the wet carpet, all the nailer boards, & over a thousand staples off o' the floor. The hardwood floor that was under all o' that is warped. Then the fun time w/our DGK's happened. We had all 3 o' our DKids, 1 DDIL, 1 Niece & 4 DGK's for the rest o' the weekend. DH got bit on his hand by a Yellow Jacket on Sat night & he felt so bad that we didn't come home till yesterday. I played w/my embroidery machine all day Sun.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh dear dublb - I hope your homeowners policy will take care of the damage. It did in our kitchen last year.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Yipeee!!! I now have internet in my home and don't have to worry about getting "on",,,I am a happy camper
    I will have to read all the posts from June 30th... I have been busy with some sewing & cutting of a Teddy Bear pattern for the kids at the local hospital here in NC.. have been cleaning up alot of the "candies" & "stamps"from a swap on the board...some were smaller than the size required so I cut them all smaller so I could use them....

I have also made some progress with "Confetti" pieces...will show pics later....Ohhhh!!!!! I am so happy!!!!

Good to hear from you, Anne. Lots going on here, but I miss not seeing a new 'entry' in the mornings when I check for postings. Progress, slow, on the confetti:Name:  1-DSCN0013.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  81.3 KB And on "Mama and her kittens" Name:  1-DSCN0015.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  134.6 KB and on enlarging the pieces on Warm Wishes:Name:  1-DSCN0012.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  85.4 KBLt.Blue, dark blue and 2 prints.

Very nice, QNS--love the colors in the cat quilt. You've been busy.

Anne, good to hear from you. Glad all is well.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Hey Ya'll I am a bit on the sad side. I spent all day yesterday at the hospital w/DGM & she passed last night.
    Bev

Bev--I am very sorry to hear about your DGM. Thankful that you had many good times with her....praying for you and your family in the next few days. Big HUGS!

Oh dublb - I am so sorry to hear about your DGM! My prayers are with you and your family in this time of sorrow!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Bev, I'm so sorry! (((HUGS)))
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I've been lurking again, enjoying the news and the beautiful eye candy. Here's a summary of what I've been up to this summer. I haven't kept up on making goals. At least I haven't started a anything new and did get a couple of piecing finishes. I do have the top of my SYE done but haven't a place large enough to take a good picture. Once I get it quilted and the binding on, I'll take it to the LQS for a picture. I'm really happy how it turned out. Right now I'm working on a couple of Barbara Brackman quilt alongs, the Delightful Stars which is a follow up to the aiming for accuracy quilt and the El's Kitchen BOM. I did get the QB Peaceful Cottage fully pieced too but no picture. Also the berries ripened and the weeds grew in the garden so I've not lacked for anything to do! The mini is on hold until I get a couple of more finishes so I can reward myself with an Acquilt!

I had a chance to meet visit my DD and her fiancé and DGS this past week. I gave her the Aiming for Accuracy quilt and the jungle quilt for my DGS. They were well received and I know they will be loved for a long time.

i'm glad that everyone has escaped harm from the severe weather. Only a few shingles off here. I'm enjoying the periodic cool with less humidity we're having this summer.

Blog Entries
    Bev--even when dear ones complete a well lived life it is hard to let them go...Be sad and then be glad for the part she played in making you the person you are.

Love it when we "check in" every once in a while to keep us all in touch with each other.

Looks like you've been accomplishing something in the sewing cave, QNS! Love the blues for your WW's quilt

Yes--GGal it's a busy time of year. Oh sweet berries...one thing I'm not sure I want to commit to, but I do like them. With this cool spell I'm going to start some lettuce--perfect weather for it!!

My garden shed arrived Wed--waiting for DH to have a minute to put it in place and level it (it's on 6 x 6 skids). I'm so excited to have this shed, won't be long at it will be full. Since I have no garage I have lots of things I have in the house that should be in it. And then I have room for ...... you guessed it..... more fabric.. Seriously, I can arrange space better to take care of the fabric I have!!! Bought paint to paint the shed--exterior wood siding and remembered little paint brushes for kiddos to help with, too. Sounds like a next week job with rain in the forecast until Monday or Tuesday. Meanwhile with yesterday's busy day I see I have a flat tire after I got home from a GD's softball game. Someone's going to have to take it to town before Monday as I'm to meet DD an hour away and bring WI DGD here for a week. Kids want a sleep over in the shed!!! Great initiation idea

Chopped peas and barley late yesterday--still about 10 loads left in the field. Been spitting all morning--but I think once this little system goes through we can continue getting it off the field around noon--yes soon...

So off I go for another summer day on the farm...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

So sorry for your loss Bev...Fond memories will take place of the sadness you feel right now..take time for yourself to grieve..it's the necessary part.

I have some photos of what I've been playing with for the last several weeks.
    OOPs! will have to resize them first...

Oh, Bev....I missed your post about your DGM. My heart goes out to you.

Thanks ya'll. I'm in a bit o' a daze! I'm so numb. Here is a pict o' DGM last spring at the house in Brady. (It was here house till 2005.
    Name:  Brady March 2013 #1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  50.1 KB
    Bev

A lovely photo, Bev....I didn't realize the Brady House was a family home...Lots of memories there and now another generation adds to it...

Here are the photos of several little bits of what I've been doing...

The batik 9P are the beginnings of the OMG quilt..

The 12 4P in a square will be a mini quilt..they need to be trimmed.

the posties will end up being ??? I just like putting them together!!!

The 2.5" candy squares are 8" blocks...Help on Background/sashing???

the other 1.5" colored squares are my start on the confetti blocks...

I can't hang any curtain on the back door because it's vinyl and I don't want to put screws in the door so I put some jellies on it.. angel fish/coral/lilypad/bubbles and a moon w/stars in the upper corner..I can change the scene with the seasons...

at last a tissue box of all the little trimmings...I have a dozen of them!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Honchey, you have been a busy gal! Where did you get the cool plastic box that holds your squares. That looks like it would be so handy for what your doing.

You have been sewing tons of squares together I see - all different sizes!

Joanns carries them...usually in the craft section of the store...not in the storage area...They were on sale when I worked at the gallery...I have about 7 of them...not all filled!!! working on it tho...I think it was GGal that makes the minis that gave me the bug...only she does them smaller Ihave to put my toys to good use (Accuquilt)...

I just sent an email to the group about a free weekly house pattern...check it out!!!

Page 388 of 542 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 387 388 389 398 438 488 ... LastLast