Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-12-2014, 04:21 PM

Anael what a beautiful selection of blocks
Old 03-12-2014, 06:46 PM

I have some picts. First my FFC walhangin'.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466911[/ATTACH]
The border's are a bit wavy. I think I pulled the thread too tight when I hand quilted it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466912[/ATTACH]
I gave it ta a friend o' mine. Share the friendship.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466913[/ATTACH]

I did make myself a coaster.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466914[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466915[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466916[/ATTACH]

Here are the ladybugs that I made last month.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466917[/ATTACH]
Some o 'em I did the buttonhole stitch around appliqued black dots.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466918[/ATTACH]
Others I sewed buttons for the black dots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466919[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466920[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails feb-wallhangin-3.jpg   feb-wallhangin-4.jpg   feb-wallhangin-6.jpg   ffc-coaster-1.jpg   ffc-coaster-2.jpg  

ffc-coaster-3.jpg   ladybug-blocks-1.jpg   ladybug-blocks-2.jpg   ladybug-blocks-3.jpg   ladybug-blocks-4.jpg  

Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

DublB .. nice finish on your FFC!
The LadyBugs are too darned cute .... what plans do you have for them?

Anael ... your set of blocks are building nicely. Looks like you can continue on with your I Spy's now that you have a new shipment!!

GGal ... glad you are starting to feel better. Just in time to make that final Spike and join them together. I REALLY like what you have done ... so, yes, am anxious to see them all together. I'll "try" to be patient!! :

Another big storm here today! Overnight it is to be super-cold!!
Spring is coming, right?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:39 PM

Anael, glad you liked the block, they all are looking great together.

Dublb, I love those ladybugs, really cute!

Gardnergal, I hope your feeling better soon. We have had a lot of flu still going around here in CA.

QuiltE , sorry you are in for another snow storm. Gosh is winter never going to end???
Old 03-13-2014, 02:21 PM

Hey Ya'll thank's for the complements. The ladybugs are for a swap. I'll git one o' 'em back along /11 other ladybug blocks. I'm gonna give 'em ta my DGD & have her learn how ta sew 'em tagether. I've bought some lady bug fabric ta make squares ta go between the blocks.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 PM

Making progress on my MB quilt. I started sashing at my retreat, finished today and started putting the green sashing on. I thought I would share what I have so far because the next step will be to quilt each block and I am not sure how long it will take. I am using Jan's method of quilting with just batting and then adding a whole backing. You can see in pics 2 and 3 that the afternoon sun was coming in so I couldn't get a good picture of the whole quilt. I have a batik outer border that has all the colors from the blocks.

I am going to switch a couple blocks on the right lower corner....the green and the purple blocks.

QNS--I am going to use your 2nd block on the bag I make to hold this quilt when it's not being used.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03370.jpeg   dsc03372.jpeg   dsc03373.jpeg  
Old 03-13-2014, 06:28 PM

good job, Dublb.

Carrie, I like your plan! It is going to be great finish.

Our taxes are done; company is coming on Monday and I am feeling better. Maybe my knee will ease off the hurting curve and I can clean house a bit. Like to finish Dear Jane A-9 and 10, and do the batiks, A-1 to A-10.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:55 AM

Gee, where is everyone? Your lives must be in the fast lane, moving forward! Spring is coming...and so is snow tonight or early morning and predicted to melt right away. Friend's tulips are coming up!!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:44 AM

Hi Everyone, I've been sitting on the back burner just trying to take it easy on myself. My dental problem was hopefully taken care of last Tuesday..sat in the chair all doped up for 3 hours...have to wait now to see if the treatment works..I have a temporary cap on it...I now have a crooked smile..the area is still swollen as of today...My knee lets me know when to sit and I've been doing a lot of it..I pay for it at night when I try to sleep if I don't...I have a new ailment..I must have caught something from the kids cause now my right eye is itchy and tearing and it looks like it's going black underneath..like a raccoon ...I had a little bit of vertigo yesterday...first time in years...so you see I really feel like I'm falling apart at the seams..I have no interest in doing anything..I just sit and worry about what's happening to me..sat at the machine putting together some old precut blocks I've had for years...that was a few days ago....I have been lurking in all the threads we go to so as not to miss anything I just don't have anything to contribute so I stay silent. H.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

Well, we are just going to have go in and repair those seams that are coming apart. All right gals a group hug for Honchey to help get that "machine tension" back on track. The will do us all good!

Where's everyone, QNS?--This is March Madness at our house. Last night Cyclones a Big Win over Kansas in the Big 12 tournament and a big game tonight against Baylor for Conference Championship. Go Clones!

I may be gone for a few days. Sis and BIL coming down for long weekend and I have to clean.....ugh. Today's National Quilting Day--better make it International Quilting Day! How are you going to spend it?

Here's a link you may like.
http://www.nqaquilts.org/media/uploa...k_webextra.pdf

Last edited by oksewglad; 03-15-2014 at 07:16 AM.