Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 488 of 542 FirstFirst ... 388 438 478 487 488 489 498 538 ... LastLast
Results 12,176 to 12,200 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Sounds yummy QNS!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Happy & Thankful Thanksgiving Everyone, We arrived home yesterday late afternoon. I love it when I'm in my home in NC but there's nothing like coming home to the place you've rested your head for the last 46 years...I'll be busy prepping everthing for tomorrow's dinner..I'll have the pleasure of doing some last minute shopping with my 7 yr old grandson later in the day...I know we'll have a good time..

Bev, I did get the seasoning envelope on Saturday...I now have a bbqed mailbox..I didn't have to open it to know what was in it...Thank You so much!
    Have a good day all of you! H.

Blog Entries
    Getting ready here, too. Thanksgiving meal is potluck style at our 82 yo aunt's home so will be taking quite a bit...just DD's for the day...lots of other families to share with. DSIL and hubby coming for the day...pies to make and beds to get ready...have a great day all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving and so glad to have yinz in my life. Just MrJanRN & I tomorrow but I'm cooking the full meal and side dishes. Love leftovers and we'll have them for a few days. Enjoy your day with friends & family.

OK, do you have to work Black Friday? If so--bless you! I don't envy anyone who works retail Friday. I went out one time years ago and learned nothing is needed that badly that I have to have it on that particular day LOL. Plan on sewing all day. It's supposed to be 60* here so MrJan & son will golf. Wow--golfing in November. And there are those who scoff at global warming/climate change!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Anne I am so glad that ya got it. Please let me know if ya like it.
    We are in Brady & my DD & her family are here too.#2DSon will be here late tonight. The rest of the family will come but not till after the actual meal.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Best wishes to you all for a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!
    I have so much to be thankful for. It's a good day to count my blessings and make a joyful noise to the One who created them for me.

Ditto givio!
    Bev

I received mine as well Bev. Will be trying it soon. It is a BBQ sauce, and what is your favorite way to use it?
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I worked from nine to four in the kitchen today...making it special for dh and I. We, too, stuffed ourselves and have leftovers. One year, we went to a diner for Thanksgiving...no leftovers. I had to cook everything another day, all our favorites, just to have leftovers! LOL!

I know what you mean QNS! I spent yesterday cooking and carving the turkey and made two batches of rolls (potato rolls, and honey whole wheat). Today I made the dressing, potatoes, two veggies, fruit salad and yams. I finally got to sit down about an hour ago. We bought a pumpkin pie at Costco, and dear DIL brought an apple pie that she and her 10 year old made. I love having all the left overs!

I wish this had a "like" button available QNS!!! Love this.

Look out Northern Iowa, because a big snow storm is coming in tonight through Tuesday. It iced very little here yesterday and today...some ice, but not enough to harm the fruit trees.

Finished the next two FW 1930 Blocks. Fern was a real doll that went together quickly. Farmer's Wife wanted to be contrary but did her thing the right way. . . her way. Wonder if we are related back in the family tree. LOL!

Christmas countdown has begun; may all of you finish your projects on time!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up, QNS....Just got home from a baby shower, so haven't been watching weather... I work on Tuesday for starters...current forecasts little or no ice accumulations for us...there's a fine line between ice and snow depending on time of day the moisture comes in....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Gosh we have been sooo busy this week. DD & all came to Brady & we had a wonderful several days! DH's turky was fall off the bones tender. DGD said that instead of carving the turkey her Gradnpa Mike was " Turkey diving." Every time he tried to cut a piece it just fell apart.
    We tried to do a jigsaw puzzle but it was a nightmare! It is of the Texas flag that has been painted on a plaster wall. Yup just 3 colors! The worst part is that it appears that some pieces will fit where they don't go. Grrrr!The red & rhe star are done. I think that I will take it apart, trash it & buy a better one. Gosh I thought that since it was a 500 piece one it wouldn't be that bad. NOT! I have done 1500 puzzels that weren't this hard!
    Bev

Jeanie-Yes it is a BBQ sauce but a li'le bit different. Also DH didn't want people to limit themselves to just using it on the grill so he calls is a cooking sauce. That being said it is best w/chicken on the grill. We used it on grilled ribs on Tues. They were great!
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Jeanie-Yes it is a BBQ sauce but a li'le bit different. Also DH didn't want people to limit themselves to just using it on the grill so he calls is a cooking sauce. That being said it is best w/chicken on the grill. We used it on grilled ribs on Tues. They were great!
    Thank you! Am anxious to try it!

It rained here all day...last night, too. We did take a trip for chicken feed and I managed a stop at Ann & Ben's quilt & LA store. Some red, white and blue pre-packaged strips and rolls I have been wanting since June Iowa Shop Hop Days. came home with me.

Quilt Room is looking better as I de-clutter it; shocked the good neighbor when she seen it! Only my on going projects are let in the QR...others are back burners are getting organized with whole kits or per-planned quilts together for quick finds. Scraps will be together to be cut up and packaged as I get or make time to do those. I do like to be able to find what I am looking for when I go there after it, and not stand and think of the theme "What did I came here after???'

Don;t waste time figuringup the math for the quilt fabric...just buy the bolt! Found this on face book and had to laugh at it; that person has unlimited funds to use...the rest of us has to spend wisely to create what we want to do with our projects!

Oh Sue! I love both of 'em.
    Bev

We are back in Midland from Brady. Gosh this house looks so big, after being in the other one, especially after the other one has more of the furniture & this one has less. LOL
    Bev

Bev, when do you have to be out of your Midland home??? It is great that you can take things a little at a time! It seems like you just moved!!!

Yes Jeanie, we did just move to this house just 2 years ago. We don't even have this house on the market yet so there is no hard deadline. I like being there & I like being here. I just don't like this mortgage payment that was real easy when DH was working. Actually everything is less in Brady.
    Bev

Page 488 of 542 FirstFirst ... 388 438 478 487 488 489 498 538 ... LastLast