Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 398 of 542 FirstFirst ... 298 348 388 397 398 399 408 448 498 ... LastLast
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Haven't seen Mirabelle. Anael, D_D, JanieW, GGal in a long time..I hope all are doing ok and that no one is ill or stuff like that. Ladies, if you're reading this, please say Hello??? Let us know you're doing ok??

OK, I don't have any monthly goals...if I get any sewing done I'm happy

We are leaving on a long RV trip Monday. Monday to Thursday we will be at Malibu Beach with our RV group. From there we go to Phoenix to visit grandkids. We will stay there a week, then we are going up to Utah to see Antelope Canyon (google it!). We may wander around Utah, AZ and see new parks for a week or so. We often have email, so will keep in touch!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Enjoy, JeanieG, enjoy every moment of every day. Happy trails to you.

Jeanie, Have a good time & safe travels..take some photos to post to us...

I have 9 blocks put together... now to cut them up and resew them...I like the touch of flannel but I'm not liking the sewing of them...I should have used a walking foot or better yet I should have set up the Pfaff w/IDT..I think I'll do that tomorrow when I have to resew them...and finish the rest that need to be sewn....

Have a good weekend everyone...H.

QNS, I'm joining you in the troubles. We remodeled our kitchen about 12-14 years ago and replaced the fridge, stove, & dishwasher. Well, this week started having trouble with all 3! Dishwasher definitely needs replaced but hopefully MrJanRn can fix the fridge (ice maker sticks) and stove (needs new oven heating element). I do not want to replace all three at once.

OK, you have enough goals for all of us!! You are going to be one busy lady. I accomplished most of my goals for August: 3 Christmas gifts finished, all 50 Fab Star blocks completed but not QAYG yet. (I set modest goals LOL). For some reason in September I get the urge to clean & purge. Started in Bat Cave, gave away lots of books and fabric and scraps. Now to start on closet. I have to remind myself I'm never going to be a size 6 again so it's time to get rid of a lot of clothes. I also have one more Christmas project I want to do this month. Again, modest goals.

Jeanie, have a super trip and please send us pics so we can ooh & aah!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, when we built the house in 2005, we put in all new Maytag appliances...our err that we made was the business has been sold three times and the last guy was not an authorized repairman and he burned out the board in the refrigerator, and the compressor. I did not know he had until I called the main Maytag headquarters who gave me a name and number to call some five months later . That repair service did me more damage by charging me for the trip (coming 100 miles each way) to tell me the damage to the Maytag refrigerator was really a board burned out and compressor burned up, costs were $1100.00 to fix it... and that our Radar range Mircowave was too far out of date to fix...charged me $200.00 to fix nothing. So no more Maytag for me...I want dependable service from a dependable business store. Apparently, I am not the brightness consumer, and have to pay big bucks to learn the facts of life.

I run a 'help' in recipe section of QB and got wonderful results on how to freeze or can fresh dug potatoes. Friend suggested putting them into soups, and I am exploring that possibility, too. Now to get myself back in the kitchen to do tomatoes again.

Have a great day

OK, I received the "goody" package you sent me!!! will post a photo later..."candies" & "stamps" are sooo cute. Thanks so much!!!

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear it arrived...You are so welcome. I tried to cue in on your projects as to colors and types of fabric. If anyone else is interested in some 1 1/2, 2 or 2 1/2" squares let me know--I've been cutting and cutting..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Here's the contents of my "goody" package...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Honchey; 09-06-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Awwww that was so nice of OK to gift you with those squares!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

WOW those sure are a bit o' candy! Lovely li'le squares!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

OK, those were pretty indeed. I am sure Honchey will find a good use for them. Now you have less, do you need more of a certain color, OK?

If you check birthdays, today is Mirabelle's birthday. GardenGal's birthday is coming up. She says she checks in on the action every once in a while. Hellloooooooooooooo, GG!

JanieW is doing fine; she has a new little puppy that is keeping her busy. She is not sewing too much, working outside on her flower beds. Beautiful flower beds.

Everyone have a great week!

Yes, they will all be put to good use!!..I ventured into the room where there is a mish mash of all my "hobbies" and have found a few more "stamp" blocks..pretty soon I'll have enough to do something with..funny , they are all different sizes...

I think I know what Jan is doing early this afternoon.. The Steelers are playing early today

Happy Birthday Mirabelle!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the picture, Honchey. It's been liberating for me to put the "useless" scraps to a plan....and hopefully a plan for you too.
    I just counted some of the 6" sq I have cut and have 84 from scraps that will look good together. WWishes twin calls for 83--long double 98. Will be a quick quilt to put together now!
    Thanks for the updates on our PC friends.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Find out exactly what this is and how to make one for your hen this Tuesday morning at WeAllSew! http://weallsew.com/

Now I can learn something new to sew on my Bernina! Down loaded pattern and tutorial, so if successful, I can post pictures of my 'models'....they look cute! LOL

Jan's a happy girl--the Stillers & the Pirates both won today. My thumb is sore from flipping back & forth between channels LOL.

QNS, I always wondered what it meant when you said you dressed out your ducks and chickens!!!!!

Anne & OK--you must have the patience of Job when it comes to sewing all those small squares together. Not me. Lately I've been doing mostly pp blocks. Started a Christmas runner that wasn't pp and forgot how accurate you have to be cutting and sewing. I felt out of practice.

OK, I give QNS, what are those "thing" on the chickens for???? I looked on the website, but did not find the answer = Inquiring minds want to know!!!

They are called "Hen Saddles" at Bernina; Chicken Whisper called it a different name but they all do the same thing. When you have too few females for the Male Rooster, he jumps on the hens too many times and literally pulls the feathers off the back on the hen...exposing her back to all weather elements. The Saddles protect the hen from the beak of the rooster and the elements of the weather. I ahve the pattern and the tutorial printed off but Dh refuses to let me saddle our hens...so they are not the fashion statement that these hens are....LOL.

Another day on the homestead with another 14 Quarts of Tomato Juice canned...the kitchen is all clean, ready for tomorrow. Turned on the heat with the temperatures dipped, but turned back on the A/C today.

Apples, first half bushel, is waiting for me to work them up tomorrow. Dh and I will re-do the Canned Pantry tomorrow, getting things a bit more organized with same things together...hopefully, we will finish it...tomorrow.

Drove to my sister's home in De and arrived at 9:30 p.m. last nite.. I was very tired after the two and half hour drive.. She is working a local election tomorrow from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. so "ll be cleaning up & oiling a vintage sewing machine/cabinet I found on the side of the road last week.. She will be using it at her son's home in Virginia..
    We went to Bingo tonite and she won 4 times and I won twice.. The last game was the Jackpot and I won it all by myself...125$..I'm promised myself I won't spend it on fabric!!! I want to get an adult tricycle so I can bike myself back & forth to the clubhouse...the $$$ will go towards it...
    QNS I used to can some tomatoes & peaches...I can't imagine doing all that you do....

Jan, I never thought I would enjoy sewing little pieces but it's really fun to do...I'm geeting to the point where I don't care what colors go next to each other..I sew a whole bunch then sit & watch tv while I'm pinning twosies & foursies
    together..next thing I know I have 12" block...

It's close to midnight and I'm going to play a few games then go to bed...Tomorrow is another day! H.

Blog Entries
    Good morning. Had guild last night; presented with 3 bags of little scraps...biggest pieces may be 1 1/2". Adds a nice variety to the fabrics I buy....
    You are so right, Honchey....... I never thought I would enjoy sewing little pieces but it's really fun to do...I'm geeting to the point where I don't care what colors go next to each other..I sew a whole bunch then sit & watch tv while I'm pinning twosies & foursies together..next thing I know I have 12" block... and soon it will be smaller little pieces

Keep saving..you'll be enjoying the ride around town.

Canned tomatoes over the weekend-14 pts of salsa, 15 qts of stewed and now back to more stewed....should mow lawn before it rains again... Have a good one...
    Last edited by oksewglad; 09-09-2014 at 08:25 AM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

!!!hi all!!!
    sorry i havent said it sooner. im here... im fine, considering...
    i broke my right hand several weeks ago, staying at my parents house until who knows when, transferred kids to school here, letting mom and dad take care of me and kids, GOOD company!

fighting for the life of my marriage here tooth and nail, stubborn Scott blood tends to boil HOT! maybe i learn my lesson and some patience along the road to recovery....

to bad i cant sew my cast comes off in four more weeks, then PT!
    SOON I be back to quilting
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

DD, good to hear from you. Sorry for all you're going through; it's a good thing your parents can help out. I hope you get the outcome from your fight that you're wishing for--either way, know you gave it your best. Sending positive vibes your way.

OK, I really miss having a garden and canning tomatoes & especially cukes. Yumm--love home made pickles.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    DD, good to hear from you. Sorry for all you're going through; it's a good thing your parents can help out. I hope you get the outcome from your fight that you're wishing for--either way, know you gave it your best. Sending positive vibes your way.

OK, I really miss having a garden and canning tomatoes & especially cukes. Yumm--love home made pickles.
    Glad to hear from you, DD...so well said Jan.

Hardly ever make pickles--never been a big pickle eater except for sweet ones and can never find a recipe that rivaled my mother's 21 day--yes 21 day pickle recipe. Tried to make them once, but didn't taste as good as mom's. When she died she had quarts and quarts of them left. My one sister and I divided them up. She had been gone almost 10 years when I opened the last jar with sadness.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Ok, you opened it with sadness that she was gone; but remembering and tasting her pickles that long was a good memory kept alive many a day after she passed away. Most of us will not be remembered that long... or can say our children will have good memories of us... but hope that they do.

Yes, I replied to JeanieG question by email. Don't want to get into (whispering) 'sex' issues on a quilting site. particularly the fowl ones.

D_D, if you love him and both of respect your vows and its meant to be, it will be. Dh and I are both Irish and have differences in way of thinking and how we see things, but both of us respect our vows that we made and hold to them in our thinking....most of the time...of 48 years...we have stuck it out in good and bad times. My parents did not, but Gram always said, "Better to part if you are fighting each other all the time"....and not loving and respecting one another. She never blamed one over the other, and taught us there was always two sides to a story and it took two to argue and fight. Hoping everything will turn out right for you, we are here for you.

Honchey, I hope you win at Bingo again and gain more savings for yourself. Enjoy the time with your sister.

Page 398 of 542 FirstFirst ... 298 348 388 397 398 399 408 448 498 ... LastLast