Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 396 of 542 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 395 396 397 406 446 496 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Has anyone noticed that we are 124 posts from 10,000?

Good morning--just checking on everyone. Hope all is well and everyone enjoyed their summer. Can't believe it went by so fast.

I've gotten a lot of sewing done this past month since I didn't work many hours. I have 48 of 50 Fab Star blocks done. Got 2 Christmas runners completed and another Christmas project started. Sent in the application for my SYE to see if it gets accepted into the local quilt show. I've spent so much time in the Bat Cave that I don't even have a hint of a tan LOL.

Made a big decision: I am retiring completely at the end of this year. I've only been working 4 or 5 days per month but I've had enough nursing---44 years!!! OMG I'm old!! Getting the papers notarized this morning to set up income from retirement account so there's no changing my mind. I'm really happy and sure this time--I tried to retire before but guess I wasn't ready.

Have a happy day, everyone--do something you love!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Hi Jan, Congratulations on your decision to finally quit..But, I'm not so sure that the "office" will leave you alone
    Good to hear from you!

Oh, JanRN, enjoy your retirement. Maybe you and Mr.JanRN will travel while you are still young enough to enjoy the trips. You are always welcome here...and we will find things for the guys to do...

Our first electric bill came in since we put in our Geo Thermal cooling and heating....at fifty per cent less than the normal bill. Well worth its cost which will pay for itself in less than ten years....and last a lifetime. Its uniform throughout the house and so clean....and yes, they did get the hot water heater heating the water to the temperature to satisfy DH.

Working up our tomatoes today...just two pan fulls right now...maybe can get the third one going. Love those Beefmaster variety of tomatoes...big ones that are as big as your hands width and length. Yes, they have large core, but still gives you lots of tomato!

Rain and more rain here....but its gently coming down and soaking into the ground. Good for gardens and farmers crops in the field. Have a good day everyone...

Blog Entries
    Just came in from gardens. I planned to mow lawn today--no such luck, but that gentle rain was right to work in with my big rain, I mean sun, hat I have and I pulled lots of weeds. Those darn red root and lamb's quarter are in full seed so get them gone before the seeds start dropping....

Good luck in staying retired Jan....Don't they say, third time's a charm? You may have to re retire yet!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Yeah Jan! Well crap - I had a half page written, but using this laptop, I hit something and swoosh - it is all gone! How frustrating! Oh well, I was just rambling anyway.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Must be going around, JeanieG, 'cause my reply disappeared somewhere over the rainbow.

Quilt Pro keeps sending me these special offers and I keep on trying them out. Downloaded 100 basic quilting patterns of different sizes at bargain price today and it looks fabulous....now no excuse not to do that with my sewing machine.

Everyone have a fabulous weekend....Labor Day...enjoy!

I am canning in the kitchen....tomatoes, making grape jam, and picking green beans....and whatever else needs to be done.

Stopped by the LQS where everything in the store has been on sale this past week..good time to go for scraps...had fun rolling them up...close to 6 yards total for 2 bags @ $3 per. might go back for more on Tuesday.. ran short of scraps from the Amish Twist my friend made (gifted the bits to me & are now mini Dresden blades) and found more of the same scraps so now I can finish them. Yay!!! Pics of the GK's at the beach & his birthday...

Oh, the Prince having his breakfast!!! He was with us for 5 days before his brother arrived..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Nice fabrics--even better kids! Don't you just love them?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Honchey; Great fabric, wow, there is a lot of them for the money.

And your DGS look great. Bet you had fun with the younger one for a week ...then had more fun with the two of them.

A dozen grape jelly pint jars are ready for ten minutes in a boiling vat to finish the processing...one more pan to cook and run through the squeezeO and make more jelly....less sugar kind of Sure-Jell...it takes 3 cups instead of the 7 cups sugar in the regular kind. And tastes as good or better than the sweeter kind. Of course, the 3 boxes bouight this morning was not enough to finish, so dh will get more in U.early Sunday morn and off I can go on the next batch. Then it will followed by more tomatoes, followed by the green beans. No rest for the wicked, they say. Busy hands never have time to cause any trouble... it keeps a smile on the face...

Yay, we had beautiful weather for several days and now I will have to close the windows and Put the ac's on..it's going to be terribly hot & humid then rain for the next few days..my bones are aching already...

Hamburgers for Dunch today with the family then some cutting & sewing today..found a pattern that I can do with the stamps & candies that is ultra easy...I like easy...impatient waiting for the swaps I participated in.
    Hope all of you have a great holiday weekend doing what you like to do...

Very cute kiddos, Anne; and what fun you must have had. We're getting lots of rain, too, and you are so right about the joint pain. I ache where I didn't know I have joints.

Have one more block to make for Carrie's 50 Fab Star Blocks--yay me!! But, I've run into some kind of "creative mind freeze"--I can't pick out 3 fabrics that go together. After 49 blocks! Oh well, it's a good day to spend on the couch watching baseball--go Pirates! Happy Labor Day, ladies.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    It's been muggy here, not real hot, but so sticky. Spending time cutting into my scraps I know I will never use. Cutting 5" strips from bigger pieces; 2 1/2 " strips or squares; 2" strips or squares and then all the small pieces get trimmed for the small cut bins.

Good day to stay indoors don't you think? Yesterday spent most of the day in the office with some bookwork. Tomorrow the tomatoes will be calling again.

Have a good one
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Today has a been a busy one...church this morning, work at the hotel from 11-3:30, then home to go swimming in the river with my family. Tonight we are going to fireworks in a nearby town (got postponed in July because the football field where they shoot them off from was flooded). My nephew is here this weekend...he loved the swimming and is looking forward to tonight too. DH has vacation next week, well actually a "stay-cation"...we won't go anywhere, well other than out to lunch and antiquing one day. Most of it will be spent working around the house/yard...oh and he says "lots of naps".

DH & I went ta Brady & he replaced the kitchen faucet. Now the sink fills right up instead o' takin' 10 min.s ta do so. We are home even though he has tamarrow & the next day off. Dove season starts tamarrow. We will be at the lease before sun up. I'm not a very good shot & usually use up 3 boxes o' shells ta bring in 7 dove. LOL DH usually is about a 50% shooter. Mercy those dove have more moves than ya'd ever believe. One year while #1DSon was in high school he commented that one o' his teachers had told him that there wasn't any real 90* angles in nature. He was tellin' us that right he had shot at a dove that did a 90* turn. Loops 'd loops, swerves, curves, swirls ect....man they could teach me a thing or 2 about FMQ! Dove huntin' is really my favorite kind o' huntin'.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

A dove is predictable because they cannot stop their flight to land...or change course like ducks and chickens do, but hard to hit in the air. Its a good marksman who can hit better than fifty per cent, Dublb, or so my dh claims. He had done his share of dove hunting with his Father and brothers. He did hunt once down in the Valley in South Texas. Have fun. Do you fix any dove pie or roast them in the oven?

More tomatoes today. Brandy wine and beef master varieties will keep me busy until frost or we pull the vines and feed then to the chickens. Green beans tomorrow. Need to check on the apples, pears and South Side grapes...if I get time.

Everyone have a Good Day...and week.

Taking a break, to show how large our tomatoes are, one fills the hand or nine inch plate or four fill the pan. Makes it quick work....five pans have cooked down and dh is running them through the Squeez-o making short work of that process, separating skin and core and seeds from the juice.Name:  1-DSCN0017.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  39.4 KBName:  1-DSCN0014.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  52.9 KBName:  1-DSCN0016.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  36.8 KBEnjoying what He has given us in every minute of processing the tomatoes.

Oh wow QNS, those look delicious! I had one plant that I put in the ground late in the fall last year, it is still producing, but the quality has deteriorated. I'm having my husband pull it out, and I planted another plant a couple of weeks ago to hold us over this winter. We have such mild winters here, that they produce continuously, they are on a south facing wall of our house so get full sun year around.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Nothing like garden fresh tomato juice, right QNS? I've got some nice big tomatoes, but no way as big as yours! I run tomatoes through the Squeezo raw, then cook them down. I usually run the seeds and pulp through a second time as well to get all the good stuff out. Apples I cook then squeeze for apple sauce.

Back to work--took an ice cream break. Should have another 14 quarts today.

Tomatoes all year long--lucky you Jeanie!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Luscious Looking tomatoes QNS. Wish I had a couple

Gee, when you come by on a visit, Honchey, I will have some to give you.

I would love to but DH won't let me go it alone...

So, bring him along....start with PA and see JanRN, come on into Indiana and see GG, then into MO and IA...and see all of us on a summer-fall vacation plan...he can hit some new golf links across the US...maybe Canada, too!

That would be a dream come true for me!!!

Last night my both o' our sons, my DDIL, DH & I went huntin'. Both o' our DSons shot their limit. #2DSon at one point shot 2 birds in one shot & so as ta not be out done #1DSon eventually did too. They were on cloud 9!! DH almost shot his limit. He was just short by 1. I shot. Tanight it was just DH & I. They didn't fly near as well as last night but I brought in 3 while DH brought in 10.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 396 of 542 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 395 396 397 406 446 496 ... LastLast