Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 01-13-2012, 12:04 PM

WOW, Krystyna, I love your mini. Once again I'm astounded by your artwork. I think you should throw normal and perfect out the window. You produce beautiful art. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Allie gave me permission to post a photo or two of the quilt that is on the way to her.
I would wait a bit until she received it, but I really have to cut down on the time I spend on the board and get some work done!
I originally planned this to be an audition for a little quilt to enter using my guild's challenge fabric for the spring show. Well, that plan didn't work too well especially since I couldn't find the fabric!
This is a "Show Us Where You Live" quilt ~ since I live in New York on a little island next to the sea and I love to go fishing on the bay side.
I wanted to include a New York Beauty block since I took a class a few months ago. Of course I forgot how to make them and that was another challenge. One thing led to another and what I hope this represents is the sun over the water with the fish below. I don't think the photos show it too well, but I placed a bit of gold lace netting with a spattering of sequins over the sun and another bit in the sea representing a fishing net and seaweed. The orange in the sea and the bit in the sky are reflections of the sun. It is thread painted with luminous blue/green glitter thread for a little bit of interest. You also cannot tell, but the border consists of three very thin hues of different blues.
Overall, I rather like it ... except for my binding. I really need some practice on that skill!
Allie, it really does look better in person ... except for the binding which probably looks worse!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Swap Hosts

Judith, you are a very kind soul ... but I want to be "normal"!!!! Or at least have the ability to be a normal quilter if I want to be. Can you tell me how to follow you and catrancher on your blogs? I keep getting all sorts of squiggly stuff when I try.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:44 PM

Krystyna, If you go to google and put in cat patches. blogspot.com her blog it will come up. Then just click on her blog and you can add it to your favorites. Top left of your computer is a star, favorites. Mine comes up that way to.

And normal is over rated if you ask me. I wish I was more naturally artistic.(it definitely does not come easy, I practice to be artistic.) So, if normal is what you want... I guess, practice makes perfect.

I don't think you can do this through the quilt board. Or not that I can find yet. If it still doesn't come up, let me know. There might be something wrong and I will have to check and make sure things are ok. But, catranchers came up for me.
Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Judith, you are a very kind soul ... but I want to be "normal"!!!! Or at least have the ability to be a normal quilter if I want to be. Can you tell me how to follow you and catrancher on your blogs? I keep getting all sorts of squiggly stuff when I try.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:15 PM

oooooo, krystyna, i LOVE it! you see what i mean! when we give permission to our heart we shine! notice, art is 3/5ths of heart! catrancher-- hate to have you go! hope someone will post your blog addy! would love to visit! long live the queen!
thanks, judith! that was quick!!!!!LOLOLOL !

Last edited by nancia; 01-13-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:19 PM

Both quilts are special pieces of art!! Great work, both of you.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 PM

Cat Rancher and Krystyna, your quilts are awesome! I love the creativity!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:51 PM

catrancher--sorry! just realized i didn't mention-- i think your quilt is beautiful! very rich in texture! nice job!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:39 PM

Being new to the Quilt board and this is my first time being in a swap........I just have to say that I was so excited today to get my very first squissy in the mail. This is from Chele and it is so beautiful. Florida and Ca are so similar in what goes on there. But I just love this, thank you Chele.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]302898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]302899[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0498.jpg   dsc_0499.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 08:41 PM

Catrancher, Very Pertty. I Love the colors and the snow too. Sorry your leaving us.

Krystyna, Another lovely DQ ! Nice job on your quilting and great colors.

Chele, That is super cute! Even a Mickey Mouse lable.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:57 PM

Chele, another great little mini portraying the sunshine state. Love your label.