Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilt gone missing ... >

Quilt gone missing ...

Quilt gone missing ...

Old 01-29-2012, 08:52 AM

Sure hope you insured it. File a claim with the post office immediately and stay on it no matter what! Its not right when things go missing and it is up to you to track it down if you can. So sorry about the loss, but maybe it will show up yet. How long has it been?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:02 AM

Have lost many things in the mail...never found...never lost anything with Fed Ex or UPS...even when insurance was purchased without signature requirement insurance was not honored...must have sales receipt for lost items...who knew they would be LOST in the mail...my lesson learned if its valuable to you and you want to see it get there don't send it by USPO...just a few bad apples can spoil the whole bushel...
Old 01-29-2012, 09:42 AM

I am wishing and hoping it turns up! It is so pretty!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:46 AM

Feel so bad for you. It is beautiful. Hope it shows up.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by EskapetheNorm View Post
Mailed to a friend across the state and she still doesn't have it.

Not expecting it to show, but know that knowing this group will sympathize.

Call your local USPS mail processing plant. Ask to talk to the "Lost and Found". It's a longshot if you did not have your name and address inside the box you mailed it in, but a chance. Good luck!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

Sure do hope your friend receives it. Hope it is insured. Nothing is a sure thing any more.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by grandma h View Post
Have lost many things in the mail...never found...never lost anything with Fed Ex or UPS...even when insurance was purchased without signature requirement insurance was not honored...must have sales receipt for lost items...who knew they would be LOST in the mail...my lesson learned if its valuable to you and you want to see it get there don't send it by USPO...just a few bad apples can spoil the whole bushel...

As a USPS retiree, I think this is a very "broad brush". Yes, everyone has "bad apples", but there is also the possiblity of the packaging breaking open, (for one example). Please do not blame any one organization/business. it happens in other businesses as well.

Just plan well when mailing anything of value. The only guaranteed services of the USPS are: Insured Mail, Express Mail, Registered Mail. Talk with the clerk when mailing and see which is the best option for you. I always get insurance (must have proof of the value if a claim is filed) and a return reciept. Hope the quilt is located.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:16 AM

Makes my heart sink just thinking about it. All that hard work for your friend, and such a beautiful quilt. Love your choice of colors. Hopefully it will turn up.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:16 AM

I hope it shows up. Really cute quilt.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 AM

There was a thread on this board last August about a website for lost/stolen quilts, http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lost-stolen-quilts-t149194.html. Website is http://lostquilt.com/ You may want to post something there. Hope it shows up soon.