Trouble is finally here!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:21 AM

Default Trouble is finally here!

For those of you following my Ebay FW trouble, I'm proud to announce she made it home last night. Found her box dumped over the fence by the UPS man but fortunately she was packed tightly and made the trip without incident, unlike my poor 99K crank with the mail lady doing head over heel flips with her :-)

The machine looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet. The FW is smelly and dirty and her decals are a little worn. Her needle was bent so I couldn't try sewing (her parts do move and the light works). The case needs new latches and the bottom material needs to be glued back on. But with a good scrub and some polish, she won't look sad anymore.

Oh, I forgot to mention, she's a centennial.

I've attached a before the bath pic.
Attached Thumbnails featherweight_dirty.png  
Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 AM

well at least she made it in one piece and is finally in a home that will appreciate her! Love to see her again when she is all slicked up and smellin purdy!

J
Old 04-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Aw, poor baby. It's a good thing they clean up so pretty. Have you called UPS? My driver puts lighter packages on the porch and knocks on the door, then leaves. Heavier ones, he waits and carries into the laundry room for me. Oh, it's USPS, they put it on the porch and knock and leave. I'd still call.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:25 AM

Poor thing! She's been through he**, not to mention your worries! Give her a drink of oil, have a cup of tea (laced or not), and get to know each other properly. There's no excuse for the crappy treatment precious packages are receiving from UPS and USPS! Complain Big Time!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:09 PM

Well, glad that trouble is resolved! The needle is a regular 15x1 needle, so no worries with replacing it.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:31 PM

She's a pretty girl...... even with the rough treatment. I know you will love her... I love mine!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

I am so glad she finally made it to you. She is beautiful!!!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:01 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

That's shameful, I agree, complaints need to be filed. These delivery persons should appreciate the fact they have jobs, but I imagine they are pushed to be faster than reasonable by supervisors. Everybody's cutting back, but companies need to know we won't put up with it. As for the machine, so glad she's arrived! Cant' wait to see her prettied up.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:18 AM

Glad you finally got Trouble. I can't believe the delivery people (no matter where they work). When I saw the one on TV where he threw the package over the fence, I had a heart attack!!! Glad they caught it on film.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM

Poor baby! She certainly found the right home. She'll feel better soon, and will be purring right along for you.

Dang UPS!! I had a nightmare once. I shipped a built-in oven in the proper container, extremely well padded and insured it. It came back crushed 12" shorter than it should have been. Thank god I insured it! UPS is usually very good but when they blow it, they really blow it big time.