Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine Software, Quilt Label Works, or other label software >

Embroidery Machine Software, Quilt Label Works, or other label software

Embroidery Machine Software, Quilt Label Works, or other label software

Old 12-29-2012, 07:33 PM

Default Embroidery Machine Software, Quilt Label Works, or other label software

Recently saw a demonstration of Quilt labelmaking on Fons and Porter. Program loaded onto computer then carried to the Embroidery Machine via Flash Drive. They referenced "Quilt Label Works" for about $100. I found this item on the internet, but found very little information/description on it.
Looking for a program that I can put on a flash drive then take to my embroidery machine to stitch out.
Ideas, experiences, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated.
I have a Janome Embroidery Machine, but the fonts are very limited.
as always, thanks a lot for your help

Last edited by MissJMac; 12-29-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 12-29-2012, 10:15 PM

I don't know about your Janome, but with my Pfaff I can use ANY font that is on my computer of I download. No special program required.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 AM

I don't think I would invest in a software that only creates labels. There are sites where you can get free labels & you only need "write" in the info. And you can use the frames built into your machine also.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 AM

I have this program and the bigger one Embroidery works. I would save yourself some money if you haven't all ready purchased it. It only comes with 5 total fonts and approx. 20 frames to choose from which is very limiting. The only reason I have this is because it was basically pkg deal when I got Embroidery Works. If you look at emblibrary they have a section of quilt labels that has a decent selection. If you are looking for more fonts I would suggest Letter Works; I am thinking of getting this one as well. Letter Works has plenty of fonts to choose from as well as the capibility of writing on a path, verticle, and I believe circular.

I really like Embroidery Works it has been user friendly and when I purchased it I got an online as well as in person class to go over details. I have an Elna 8200 which is made by Janome and is equal to the Janome 300E
Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 PM

I have heard letterworks is better. Get labels from emblibrary when they have their 10 for 10 deal they have a 13 for 13.13 deal right now use code Happy2013 up to 3 times
Old 12-30-2012, 09:37 PM

Hi,

I have Quilt Label Works.....really not all that impressed with it, comes with about 5 fonts and some frames. I also have Letterworks and that I love! You can do your own labels or any project you need letters for, in all kinds of fonts and also use fonts from your computer. Go to the Designers Gallery website and you can watch a Letterworks video.
Endless possibilities with words with Letterworks. I use it for names, greetings, comments like on a baby bib, labels, etc. etc. You can also merge a design into Letterworks, so you can like merge in Santa and then add a comment about having a great holiday or ho ho ho, etc. Very fun!
Letterworks is more expensive, though.....I'd try your dealer or look for a special.
Hope this helps....
Bev
Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 PM

If you are looking for affordable software for lettering PLEASE check out S&S computing they have a great program called Sewrite that comes with many letters ( more than 20 ),I checked it out as when my computer got to old to function correctly I had to buy a new hard drive a even though I was able to keep my EmBird program I lost all the letters that I had purchased, wrote the company with no reply, then I also had an older version of Ann The Gran and they no longer service it so I was told I could buy a new version, well needless to say I did not have the $ to replace those programs so I went looking and found SewCat ( which is there S&S Computing ) cataloging program, I then purchased the Sewrite as well as there Sewhat program and the cost was a little over 50.00 each and the response was great whenever I had any type of question. Check it out it works like a dream. I have used it to make labels for several Christmas presents as well for a couple of quilt blocks that I wanted to include my newest Grand daughters name ,birthdate ,wt. ect... I am not selling this I have used these programs and they work and the price is right and the support beats Embird and Ann the Gran.