Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Added another to my "want" list >

Added another to my "want" list

Added another to my "want" list

Old 01-26-2014, 09:26 AM

Default Added another to my "want" list

I know, it's never ending. As soon as I think I've got everything I want for my collection, I find info that makes me want another. Though I do think I've got all the Singer I want now (well, maybe except a 1930's era 99 in a bentwood case that takes the flat end knee bar . . .)

After downloading and spending time reading that PDF book, I realized I really do need a chain stitch machine (after all, the book says every collection should have one LOL!!) I just can't warm up to the Wilcox & Gibbs, not sure why. Then I stumbled upon the Eldredge made by National - and that is the one I want (Ok, so it's a copy of the W&G, but I've got a "thing" for the Eldredge name, and National machines).

Besides, I already have a set of attachments that will fit it. They need some maintenance though.

I got these right after I got the Two Spool - because they had the name "Eldredge" on them. Had no idea what they would fit.

Interestingly - with the last large lot, I got another box like that one. Can't find any names anywhere, but these set fits my Two Spool. Except the tucker. When I mount it to the bed, the needle comes down right smack in the middle of the tucker bar. If I move it a bit, then it does not line up square with the feed dogs. Though maybe I didn't have it attached correctly - I have no idea how that little lever is suppose to go, but it was included with the Tucker, and I've seen it with other tuckers like this.

It has that unique back mount ruffler - I have another (actually more than one) that fits teh White. No idea who made that style ruffler, so far I've not seen it for a side clamp machine.

I ended up with several sets of top clamp attachments that don't fit any machine I own. They line up with the Domestic and Household, but they are not wide enough between the forks to fit on the clamps those machines came with. Those two machines are very similar, and I'm pretty sure they were made by the same factory. According to Boye, they take different needles and shuttles - but I guess that would be for another post!

Last edited by Macybaby; 01-26-2014 at 09:29 AM.