Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Planing a get away to Branson MO. >

Planing a get away to Branson MO.

Planing a get away to Branson MO.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:56 AM

Default Planing a get away to Branson MO.

We are have a get away for few days, what are some of the have to do's in Branson? quilt shops, flea markets, what shows to see?
Old 05-21-2014, 07:38 AM

There is a FABULOUS quilt shop called "Quilts and Quilts" - I believe that is the name. It was on the "strip" but got hit with a tornado a few years ago - so now they have relocated on a bypass road. Don't know any of your other questions, but there are a few quilt shops in a neighboring town - Ozark. They are close to "Lamberts" - the restaurant where they throw you the rolls - SUCH FUN.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:36 PM

We went to several quilts shops in Branson a few months ago and were disappointed. Most of the quilts in there were imports. We did go in Quilts and Quilts and it is a nice store with lots of fabric and patterns. They had a lot of samples made up.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:36 PM

Go up Route 66....interstate toward St. Louis, and stop at the signs for Mt. Vernon, MO., Ben Franklin store to see home made quilts and other hand made items. Worth the trip to go there. Also ask about "Mutton Holler' that used to be in that area...but may have changed. Explore and have fun, lots to do there and to discover. Used to travel down old 66 to Springfield from Bourbon area, had lots of good memories of the good people who lived there. Ridge back bridges and cement water level bridges...never cross at flood levels, and Cuba MO on route 19 where when you crested a hill you had to brake quickly and not roll into the river where a small ferry waited to ferry cars across the 'stream'. Them good ole days may be gone, but the memoires linger on...

Go, have fun, and enjoy the chance to see unusual sights and sounds of the 'modern' world and share your real 'finds' back with us.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
There is a FABULOUS quilt shop called "Quilts and Quilts" - I believe that is the name. It was on the "strip" but got hit with a tornado a few years ago - so now they have relocated on a bypass road. Don't know any of your other questions, but there are a few quilt shops in a neighboring town - Ozark. They are close to "Lamberts" - the restaurant where they throw you the rolls - SUCH FUN.
Definitely go to Lamberts if you can. The food was so good and a lot of it. In addition to the meal you order, they came around with more side dishes and spooned them onto your plate if you wanted and, yes, rolls are thrown to you. It was fun. I was so full of food. Loved Branson. We also went to Silver Dollar City http://www.silverdollarcity.com
We really enjoyed it. They have shows. It's been a while so don't know what shows to see in town.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:17 PM

Go to Mel's Hard Luck Diner https://melshardluckdiner.com/ ; the food is good and the waiter's and waitress's sing to you while you eat. They are good too. Marshall's Dry Goods http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/ is about a 30 min drive into Arkansas.

Last edited by MissM; 05-21-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Seaside gal View Post
We also went to Silver Dollar City http://www.silverdollarcity.com
We really enjoyed it. They have shows. It's been a while so don't know what shows to see in town.
Yes, definitely go to Silver Dollar City. My dad drives a passenger bus or tram from the parking lot to the park and he loves it! He's a "people person" if you ever saw one. He's probably the only driver there with a deep southern drawl.....
Old 05-22-2014, 05:22 AM

I believe Sight and Sound is in Branson.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:26 AM

I am assuming you are looking for the kind that sells fabric. Branson has one main Quilt shop - Quilts and Quilts on Shepherd of the hills Parkway They sell lots and lots of fabric and have other stuff as well. There is also a shop at Silver Dollar City (I havent been, refuse to pay to shop) THe shops that say Ozark Quilt shop only sell quilts made in China. The quilters in the area, really intensly dislike them. The only thing they have common to the area is the name - they are in the Ozarks. Ozark, Mo has one qulit shop - Sew Simple that is behind Lamberts. They have fabic and I think they sell hand made quilts also. There are several shops in Springfield that sell fabric. If you wish more information, please pm me.
Jackey in Mo
Old 05-22-2014, 06:55 AM

It is a short drive North on US65 to Springfield (you'll pass Ozark where Lambert's and Sew Simple shop are located)... and there are several quilt shops/fabric stores in S'field... look for the FM store, too. Merrily We Quilt Along is the Bernina dealer, too, and she has a tea room next to the shop. There's another really wonderful Quilt shop, but I can't remember the name of the shop. (I'm in S'field 2-3 times a year to visit my sis or I'd have more info!)