Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I met the nicest QB member last week! >

I met the nicest QB member last week!

I met the nicest QB member last week!

Old 06-09-2014, 01:52 PM

Default I met the nicest QB member last week!

DH & I met Skip (Glenn from Huntsville) and his lovely wife last week! They are such fun people to be around, and we all talked like we've known each other for a long time, even though we'd just met. I've been fortunate enough to meet TacoMama from Decatur also, and she's a lot of fun too.

If you ever get the chance to meet another QB member, you'll have a great time......we have the greatest people on this site!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

I met a fellow member about a yr ago. we get along great and quilt tog weekly. Met another one about 4 yrs ago, we too get along great, see each other from time to time and talk on the phone alot.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:34 PM

Sounds like fun!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:53 AM
Suz

Just wondering. Is there anyone on the board from Central PA.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:25 AM

I met a QB member when we had the Pensacola Quilt's show in April. I didn't get a chance to chat much but it seemed like we were instant friends. That's the way most quilters are, great gals and guys to hang around.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:07 AM

I had myself all worked up to join Skip and his wife at the Alabama campground a couple of weeks ago--and our plans changed at the last minute and we couldn't make it. I guess I'll just have to be happy with the QB visiting until we can all plan another get-together. I really look forward to physically visiting with any of you--please note that the guy out in SF is trying to work up a big (or small) thing for that area of our lovely US. As time goes by, and we get our load lightened up here in middle TN, I might even attempt to try one.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:02 PM

how central in PA,SUE? i'm over near Trenton but get on the turnpike and burn rubber, lol. what are you near?
I've met a couple people, too. my friend , Grann and i try to get together every week,but can;t always, but when we do, watch out! its still not certain which of us talks more, but i could guess!LOL and we get a little quilting done, too.I'm going tomorrow. we have mini retreats and I stay overnite (which means I can have a cocktail hour glass of wine and not try to drive afterward.) sew much fun!! Always fun to make new friends!
also have a friend in NYC. we met at a quilt show, and went to a modern guilt guild meeting.she's great, too!

Last edited by nancia; 06-11-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:35 PM

Nancia...my Mom used to live near you...she was at exit 8A in Concordia. Haven't been back to NJ since 2010.

I've met a QB member recently...Hi JennyPenny! There seem to be quite a few of us from NH here on QB. Would like to meet more of you (and members from other states, too!)
Old 06-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Suz

Nancia, we are in the center of the state, W of Harrisburg by 45 miles. Trenton is a pretty long haul from here. Sorry, it does not appear to be too convenient. S