Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I met the nicest QB member last week!

I met the nicest QB member last week!

DH & I met Skip (Glenn from Huntsville) and his lovely wife last week! They are such fun people to be around, and we all talked like we've known each other for a long time, even though we'd just met. I've been fortunate enough to meet TacoMama from Decatur also, and she's a lot of fun too.

If you ever get the chance to meet another QB member, you'll have a great time......we have the greatest people on this site!
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    I met a fellow member about a yr ago. we get along great and quilt tog weekly. Met another one about 4 yrs ago, we too get along great, see each other from time to time and talk on the phone alot.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Sounds like fun!
    Lori

Suz
    Just wondering. Is there anyone on the board from Central PA.

I met a QB member when we had the Pensacola Quilt's show in April. I didn't get a chance to chat much but it seemed like we were instant friends. That's the way most quilters are, great gals and guys to hang around.

Blog Entries
    I had myself all worked up to join Skip and his wife at the Alabama campground a couple of weeks ago--and our plans changed at the last minute and we couldn't make it. I guess I'll just have to be happy with the QB visiting until we can all plan another get-together. I really look forward to physically visiting with any of you--please note that the guy out in SF is trying to work up a big (or small) thing for that area of our lovely US. As time goes by, and we get our load lightened up here in middle TN, I might even attempt to try one.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Blog Entries
    how central in PA,SUE? i'm over near Trenton but get on the turnpike and burn rubber, lol. what are you near?
    I've met a couple people, too. my friend , Grann and i try to get together every week,but can;t always, but when we do, watch out! its still not certain which of us talks more, but i could guess!LOL and we get a little quilting done, too.I'm going tomorrow. we have mini retreats and I stay overnite (which means I can have a cocktail hour glass of wine and not try to drive afterward.) sew much fun!! Always fun to make new friends!
    also have a friend in NYC. we met at a quilt show, and went to a modern guilt guild meeting.she's great, too!
    Last edited by nancia; 06-11-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Nancia...my Mom used to live near you...she was at exit 8A in Concordia. Haven't been back to NJ since 2010.

I've met a QB member recently...Hi JennyPenny! There seem to be quite a few of us from NH here on QB. Would like to meet more of you (and members from other states, too!)
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Suz
    Nancia, we are in the center of the state, W of Harrisburg by 45 miles. Trenton is a pretty long haul from here. Sorry, it does not appear to be too convenient. S