Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I've met the nicest people on ebay! >

I've met the nicest people on ebay!

I've met the nicest people on ebay!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:13 PM

Default I've met the nicest people on ebay!

I saw a listing the other day for some old top-clamping attachments. The seller showed a photo of the machine they belonged to for indentification purposes & said she wasn't selling the machine 'cause it didn't work. Well, it's the same old Montgomery Ward machine that I'm working on now. I needed 1 more of the old Chicago connectors (female) for the foot control. Emailed her & asked if she'd list the power cords with a "buy it now" price...& that I really only needed the connectors, not the cords. I told her that those electrical connectors are VERY hard to find so price accordingly. She wouldn't hear of it!!! She said just send her $3 for postage & she'd mail them that afternoon. I DID send her a little extra money to cover her Paypal fees...& got 3 connectors (2 female, 1 male). Woo Hoo!

Meanwhile, her auction's still running & I noticed that there was a zipper foot for this machine & LOTS of bobbins & needles...along with the original attachments. So I went ahead & bid at the last minute...& won the auction for $5.99. Woo Hoo again!!!

When she saw that I was the person who won, she emailed me to tell me she took lots of parts off the machine in case I needed anything else & was sending them along....FREE! Bless her heart...! Woo Hoo again!!! What a nice seller!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:19 PM

Isn't it refreshing to have one of these people come along in your life? Bless her and lucky you.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:23 PM

Love, love stories like that. Off to a good home!!

piney
Old 07-13-2012, 06:44 AM

Isn't that so terrific when you meet folks like that?! What a very sweet person your seller is and you as well! I too have met some very nice people on eBay and try to PIF the good things in life when opportunity arise.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 AM

The auction items (& extras she threw in!) arrived this morning...I just opened them. Along with the accessories & manual that she listed, she added the needle plate, bobbin winder assembly, feed dogs, spool pin assembly, assorted screws, straight stitch foot, bobbin case (the last one I saw on ebay went for over $40)...& even threw in a couple vintage class 66 bobbins that don't go to this machine but she didn't need 'em. On my way to ebay to leave her some GLOWING feedback.