Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery over quilting - needle bar and wheel frozen >

Embroidery over quilting - needle bar and wheel frozen

Embroidery over quilting - needle bar and wheel frozen

Old 09-22-2014, 04:42 AM

Unhappy Embroidery over quilting - needle bar and wheel frozen

I was adding an embroidery design over a quilted square on a burp cloth when my Quattro stopped and prompted to check for broken needle or thread stuck (both were fine). The needle bar does not move, the wheel is also frozen. I don't want to force anything. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions? Could the gerber burp cloth with the quilted material on top be too thick for the embroidery machine?
Old 09-22-2014, 05:01 AM

that happen with my brother 2800D had to take it in to the dealer come to find out the fly wheel was mangled with thread some how I was embroidery and thread caught in the wheel didn't notice it but there it was when he took the wheel off ugh!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:18 AM

Thank you. I am not even sure where the fly wheel is. I will call my dealer (am out of town right now) and hope it is something simple like that.

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
that happen with my brother 2800D had to take it in to the dealer come to find out the fly wheel was mangled with thread some how I was embroidery and thread caught in the wheel didn't notice it but there it was when he took the wheel off ugh!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:39 AM

Thank you. I am not even sure where the fly wheel is. I will call my dealer (am out of town right now) and hope it is something simple like that.

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
Old 09-22-2014, 07:30 AM

Oooo, that happened to my Viking Diamond! Fly wheel is the "hand wheel" on the right side of the machine. There is a plastic cover that will pop off...save yourself a trip to the machine doctor and check there! You can gently remove the thread (mine was quite alot and the machine would stitch for a minute and then display "motor overload" as it stopped).
Old 09-23-2014, 03:48 AM

I am 500 miles from my dealer on vacation now but I called yesterday. He told me to turn the fly wheel (now that I know what it is called thanks to linda8450) backwards to see if things loosened. I told him I never turn it backwards but her said to try it. I also changed the bobbin and to a 75/11 needle. I was able to finish the design before a doctor's appointment.
Before I try another design today I will pop off that cover to see if any thread is there. Thank you.