Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What I did today. >

What I did today.

What I did today.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:39 PM

Default What I did today.

Went to all the punkin and apple farms. It was a perfect beautiful autumn day for it. And People selling their crafts and quilted stuff. I tried not to be too obvious about it, but I examined all the stitching on everyone's quilts front and back. To compare to see how I'm doing. Do any of you do this? The depressing part is that I thought I was doing so much better. Now I see where I have a ways to go. The thing is, some of the quilters, the backs of the quilts aren't completely perfect and have some skips here and there, but I think might be the only person to walk in there and look for it.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

I think it's a natural thing to do. I look closely also because I do the same thing to my quilts. I'm new to LA'ing and I look over the stitching both front and back and put pins where I need to go back and fix it. I also want to see what color of quilting thread they used.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:37 PM

I must confess to doing the same thing!! We went to Octoberfest races in LaCrosse, Wisc. last weekend, and the group of people in front of us all had quilts to sit on, and wrap up with. I investigated the bindings, stitches, tying methods, and applique techniques!! (Very carefully of course!!)
Old 10-12-2014, 06:48 PM

Your are funny - I am sure we all do it to some extent. I made one of the 'I Spy" baby quilts with hexagons and triangles for a friend and made her promise before she opened it that she would never let one of the quilters from the church see it any closer than a room away with their glasses off. That quilt gave me fits over the triangles matching up. She laughed at me and thought it was great. That spring I went to a show in Redlands CA and there was a quilt just like the one I made but it was made with kitty fabric - all sorts of cute cats. Could I resist? Heck no! I was looking over that cute quilt and found the person had the same problems I had and this one was on display at a show!

And then I went to an Amish show - where they sell a lot of items made by the Amish in Lancaster County PA. There was a pot holder with an 8 pointed star. The point in the center does not mach up perfectly. I bought it to remind me how pretty it is, even if it isn't perfect.

It helps me enjoy what I do that much more to know I will do my best but it is okay if it isn't totally perfect. (My family always tells me I am better than I give myself credit. But they are prejudice.)