Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you could only have one...... >

If you could only have one......

If you could only have one......

Old 03-31-2015, 12:37 PM

Default If you could only have one......

which quilting magazine would you subscribe to? I am finding more and more repeat patterns in all of the quilting magazines that I subscribe to. I am tired of looking at the same old things. I like fresh ideas or a nice spin on the old favorites. I'm just curious how others feel.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

I like the easy quilts magazine that JA's sells. they have some cute things to make in a hurry and some nice larger quilts too. I see a lot of repeats too, very disappointing.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:40 PM

None,the internet is full of free patterns.I do not subscribe to any mags anymore.just my opinion
Old 03-31-2015, 02:02 PM

I have given up on quilting mags. I do check them out at the mews stand and will buy if I find something I really want. Its a lot cheaper than a subscription, when I only buy 2 or three a year and they are seldom the same brand.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:05 PM

I really like American Patchwork Quilting. I have had a subscription for about 4 years now. I don't do a lot of shopping, so its a nice thing I do for me.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:06 PM

I get too many. I guess I'm adicted. Anyway, one time I like one and the next time it's another. I guess I would say that I like all of them. Fons and Porter are high on my list at the present time.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:01 PM

Oh, it'd be tough. I have subscribed to dozens of them but there are three I stick with - Quilter's Newsletter, Quilting Arts, and Machine Quilting Unlimited.

I think if I absolutely HAD to pick just one I think I'd go for Quilting Arts. It's not about patchwork quilting, it's about art quilts, which I don't even really make. But I find it to be really inspiring and beautiful to look at, it's a magazine I can re-read a year later and find something to get excited about. Every issue feels very "rich". I like their sister publication, "Cloth Paper Scissors" too. I don't subscribe to that one anymore but it's just as good, just oriented more towards paper crafts.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:18 PM

As others have said, I have discontinued all quilting magazines since there are so many free patterns on the web. When I first started quilting, I probably subscribed to 6-7. Over time, I've let them all "die"!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:25 PM

For me it is Modern Quilts Unlimited, but they only publish once a quarter. I also get American Patchwork and MSQ Block, but Modern Quilts has more that interests me.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

I subscribe to Block magazine and Quiltmaker, which was a gift subscription. I go to Barnes and Nobles every six weeks to check out all the new issues and usually buy one that has a pattern I like.