Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you could only have one...... >

If you could only have one......

If you could only have one......

Old 03-31-2015, 03:42 PM

I get Love of Quilting by Fons & Porter and I really like it, but I get most of the patterns I make up free from the internet. I get newsletters from my favorite shops online & get more free patterns right to my e-mail daily! Some are good, some not so much, but I can pick & choose which ones I save.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:46 PM

I've given up on craft magazine subscriptions. It's very seldom that I'll like more than one or two patterns in an issue, and I no longer have the room to keep a bunch of magazines, just in case. I may buy a magazine here and there, IF there's something I want in it. Overall, I prefer buying books or getting my patterns from the internet.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:48 PM

The last one I subscribed to was Quiltmaker. Half of the mag was advertisements on the right side of the pages. Do not subscribe anymore to anything! I go to the library or the store to check them out.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:24 PM

I always liked Fons & Porter but have so many that I quit subscribing to it. I did get several others for a while but let them expire. Not I only get Block from MSQCo. There are so many free patterns online now.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:35 PM

No subscriptions here either. I do buy Primitive Quilts...they come out seasonally. I also buy anything that catches my eye.... but my "rule" is that there has to be at least 3 projects featured that I want to do before I think it's worth it to buy.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:04 PM

I was gifted a stack of old quilting magazines. I found some of them very inspiring, others not so much. Since I rarely follow a pattern completely anyway, I've never actually purchased a quilting magazine and have only purchased one actual quilt pattern (from a board member btw). I get my inspiration from this wonderful board!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:15 AM

I don't buy magazines any more. There is too much free on the internet. Also, go see what magazines your local library subscribes to. You can check out all but the most current issue.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:55 AM

I don't subscribe to any myself. I check the internet and the newsstands or book sections in the stores where I shop. if I find a pattern I like I purchase that mag. otherwise I just keep shopping as usual. I live too far away from most fabric shops, so I had rather shop for fabric or other supplies that I really need.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

I am letting my subscription to Quilt World expire. They allowed me access to 10 years of old issues. Now with all those issues on my computer, I really don't need any more. Quick Quilts was a gift which I enjoyed but they are just too expensive.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:56 AM

I don't use quilt magazines that you must purchase. I go to my library. They have a HUGE stash of quilt books with more patterns that I'd do in two lifetimes.