Necchi Mira wiring diagram?

Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 AM

Default Necchi Mira wiring diagram?

Hey, all. Been ages since I was here, but real life took a chunk out of me and I'm only now catching up with myself.

Anyway. I picked up a Necchi BU Mira for cheap at a thrift shop recently, and the reason it was cheap was because someone took the motor wiring apart and couldn't get it back together again. I have the Singer wiring diagram and figured it would be easy to find a similar one for Necchi, only I'm not finding one. I did find an actual wiring diagram on on of the Yahoo Necchi groups, but I don't speak electrician. I also found step by step instructions on patternreview, but that one presupposes that you're the one that took it apart, so you'll know where stuff goes back to. I didn't, and I don't.

What I'd really like (barring someone just telling me what color wire goes on which pin) is a clear, easy-to-understand diagram. I'm really hoping such a thing exists! Failing that, I'm hoping that someone who knows more about this kind of motor than I do can point me in the right direction. If it would help, I can post a picture of it as it is now.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:16 AM

Good luck!! Glad you could come back!
Old 04-08-2015, 12:13 PM

Hi, What makes this machine special is the wonder wheel and the cams. Did you get those also? It is a blast to watch the wheel go round and make beautiful stitches.

We have a B.U. Mira and the motor turned out to be bad. It is a two stage motor. DH had to rebuild it , took him two days.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:34 PM

Here you go, you may have to join but it would be worth it.

The necchisewingmachineclub group at Yahoo Groups has a lot of repair documentation, including (it appears) a wiring diagram for the BU machines, in the Files section (see, for example, the " BF +BU Mira+ Nova REPAIRS" folder).
Old 04-09-2015, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
Here you go, you may have to join but it would be worth it.

The necchisewingmachineclub group at Yahoo Groups has a lot of repair documentation, including (it appears) a wiring diagram for the BU machines, in the Files section (see, for example, the " BF +BU Mira+ Nova REPAIRS" folder).
I had found that one, but that diagram is a real wiring diagram, which I am apparently not interpreting well. I like Singer's diagrams, that look like a coloring page-*that* I can do! Although...upon further thinking, I may actually know a Real Electrician that I can trade pasta for knowledge with.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:59 AM

LOL Trade pasta for knowledge ..... oh that brings back memories.

Years ago a young lady needed help moving her furniture from a storage locker to her apartment. I had a big PU and she asked me if I could help. I said sure. She said, I don't have enough money to pay you, but I can make you a lasagna dinner. Well, Miller's law #2 is don't turn down food.

The lasagna dinner was great, the company was great, and we've been married 32 years last February.

Joe
Old 04-09-2015, 10:24 AM

That is so sweet.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
LOL Trade pasta for knowledge ..... oh that brings back memories.

Years ago a young lady needed help moving her furniture from a storage locker to her apartment. I had a big PU and she asked me if I could help. I said sure. She said, I don't have enough money to pay you, but I can make you a lasagna dinner. Well, Miller's law #2 is don't turn down food.

The lasagna dinner was great, the company was great, and we've been married 32 years last February.

Joe
GREAT STORY!! Made me laugh and tear up at the same time.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Awwww. Perfect story to start out my Friday!