Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Einkorn a wonderful Organic flour >

Einkorn a wonderful Organic flour

Einkorn a wonderful Organic flour

Old 05-29-2015, 01:39 PM

Default Einkorn a wonderful Organic flour

Hi all .....anyways, you know I am always looking for healthy things to make that taste good. I was scouring the web for a recipe to make healthy bread. I already know a good one but I search anyway. Well, I found this website where she talks about making bread with this delicious "Einkorn"

This happens to be a very ancient wheat, about 12,000 years old. It is not harvested anymore because it doesn't give enough to make a good profit. It is not hybridized it is pure and natural and organic. It is farmed in Italy. Jovial is the only big company that sells it. I have ordered a 10 pound bag of it and box of the wheat berries to try. It has wonderful things in it.

Go search read about it. I love to find stuff like this. I don't want to give up my bread but this I can have. In the meantime I have bought a loaf of Fitness bread and figured out how to make it already but with this organic flour, it will will be some wonderful bread as I will be adding all my nuts and bolts to it lol. I will post when all is here and ready.

The best part, no shipping if you spend 25.00. Make sure to join first and they will send you a 10% discount coupon.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:55 AM

I will have to check this out, sounds interesting. Also your bread recipe sounds delicious. WOuld you share it also? Thanks
Pat
Old 05-30-2015, 07:50 AM

Would you help us narrow down our search by posting the link you ordered from. I have a grain grinder for my KA and would like to try the berries and also some flour.
Your T&T bread recipe would be a great bonus for us to make some. The processed U.S. grains make my joints hurt like crazy.
Thank you
Jan
Old 05-30-2015, 12:46 PM

Here are two links. One to the source that sells it and one to the lady who gave the history that got me interested. I am always improving on my bread recipe. As soon as the flour comes I will make my new recipe, test it and post it here.

https://jovialfoods.com/
http://www.breadexperience.com/einkorn/
Old 05-30-2015, 03:13 PM

Oh! I am so excited to read this post! 2 years ago I was diagnosed with gluten allergies and most gf breads are like cardboard.....and very expensive. I was wondering if anywhere in this world sold "natural" wheat that hasnt been altered. I'm anxiously awaiting your post on what you think of this product!
Old 05-30-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
Here are two links. One to the source that sells it and one to the lady who gave the history that got me interested. I am always improving on my bread recipe. As soon as the flour comes I will make my new recipe, test it and post it here.

https://jovialfoods.com/
http://www.breadexperience.com/einkorn/
Thank you for the links, have placed an order for some berries and a box of pasta. Really miss playing with fresh dough and am hoping all goes well with the joints not hurting. The sourdough recipes look interesting, lots of options to try on the recipe site.
Jan
Old 05-31-2015, 10:08 AM

Oh good, I'm glad you found this useful. I certainly do. I am always searching for good stuff and I am a cooker and baker so this is right up my street. I can't wait to try it out.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:49 PM

I went online and found a store in my area that carries this. Can't wait to go and check it out. There are stores
All across the USA that carries their products.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:28 PM

Whole Foods carries these products. There is a great cookbook, The Einkorn Cookbook: Discover the world's purest and most ancient form of wheat. It's by Shanna and Tim Mallon, about 17.00.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:31 AM

Thanks for the interesting einkorn information!!!!