Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The joke is on me >

The joke is on me

The joke is on me

Old 08-18-2015, 07:43 PM

Default The joke is on me

Well my FW was working very well and I stopped to run an errand. When I came back I realized I had not cleaned or oiled my (Frances) for some time.

So I got out my oil, tools and cleaning supplies and got to work.. I put every thing back and was ready to test and be sure that I got all the oil.. She wouldn't sew and I rethreaded an checked every thing again. After several hours I decided to take her to a friend that works on machines and has about 200 of them.

He called me and said that I would have to take her to a professional, so I picked her up and brought her home.

I noticed a small burr on the needle and decided to changed it, when I was putting in the needle I was holding it with the scarf on the back then I realized the scarf goes to the left on this machine and you thread it from the inside out...lol..ha ha...

I had the needle in wrong, I didn't notice and my friend did not notice neither... Now my question should I tell him what was wrong with the machine, because he is supposed to be kind of knowledgeable on all sewing machines and I don't want him to feel bad... Maybe I will just wait until he asked me about it.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:59 PM

Since it was a total oversight, I would make a joke out of it and tell your friend. My guess he is going to ask you anyway what the professional found.

A friend and I were using my embroidery machine and having all sorts of problems, can't tell you how many times we rethreaded the machine, even replaced the bobbin several times. I was ready to take it to the dealer and then one last time we broke out the book went step by step reading it aloud and then realized there was one little thing in the bobbin area that we over looked. After that it worked fine - I would have been so embarrassed if I had taken it to my dealer and it was a threading the bobbin error, so I was glad to find it first.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:01 PM

We can just keep it our little secret!

I think we've all made that kind of mistake at least once in our quilting careers.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

I would have had to share what the solution was!
Old 08-18-2015, 09:47 PM

I've just taken my bernina in for repairs hope it's not the needle!
Old 08-19-2015, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I would wait until he ask you. Sometimes it is the simple things we forget about.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:05 AM

I took one of my machines in for service one time. Found out I had a bobbin from another machine in it...DUH!!
Old 08-19-2015, 04:23 AM
Power Poster

The first thing a good repairman will do is to change the needle. I get my old needle back taped to a card each time take my machine in to have maintenance.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:28 AM

How good a friend is he? If he can take a joke I would definitely tell him and laughing as I did so!
Old 08-20-2015, 05:41 AM

I would share with him because he will have gained new knowledge on what to look for in the future.