Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone out there upgrade Gammill Classic with Vision2? >

Anyone out there upgrade Gammill Classic with Vision2?

Anyone out there upgrade Gammill Classic with Vision2?

Old 02-02-2016, 07:54 PM

Default Anyone out there upgrade Gammill Classic with Vision2?

I have a 14' frame and a Gammill Classic Plus that I bought used and it had many hours (professional quilter that died). I've had it for 4 years and think I'm finally getting pretty good and have some customers, too. This winter I had some power issues--had to replace the "power chip" (which Gammill techs walked me through easily). But I'm starting to have some weird lights on the menu window and my stitch regulator seems to be not quite right. I'm not sure if the SRS needs adjustment or replacement, but looking at a possible upgrade to Vision2. Hear it's about $2000---seems very high, but at the same time it's a LOT less than a new machine with that size frame.

Also--my machine has the original wheels and that is something I'm definitely looking at replacing.

I'd love some input from anyone that has done with with their machine (or looked into it) or has a Gammill Vision 2. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2016, 03:47 AM

Definitely get Edgerider wheels, asap. You won't believe the difference and you can replace them yourself. Weird lights on the menu can be the left side button needs replaced. I've replaced mine 2-3 times and had different "symptoms" each time. I remember the machine suddenly speeding up by itself, and weird symbols on the screen. Don't know anything about the upgrade---mine is an older GC+.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:45 AM

I have a Gammill Vision which I bought about 4-1/2 years ago and I love it. I do have the Gammill Breeze Track System which had just come out and love that, as well. I had several friends that had Gammills that upgraded to the Breeze. As far as repairs on your machine, I have had very good luck with Gammill walking me through a couple of issues I had. Although, my machine was in warranty at the time, the parts they sent me (one was a circuit board) seemed very reasonable. The circuit board was about $275.00 and I received a credit when I returned the broken one so it didn't cost anything. Another problem I had turned out to simply be a loose connection in one of the cords. I would talk with Gammill about your problems before going to the expense of a new machine because it may be something simple. You would probably like upgrading to the Breeze Track System.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:26 PM
Banned

I test drove a Gammil Vision yesterday and OMG it's so smooth. I'm looking to buy a LA and this one is definitely in the running.

Cari
Old 02-26-2016, 02:18 PM

as always, the board members are great! I'm going to the MQS show in Cedar Rapids in early May and plan to talk with the Gammill dealer about the wheels. I think I can replace the switch myself and I'll see if that solves the problem. And I've talked to my local Gammill rep and she's sending her tech over to just do a "once over" since it hasn't been down since I bought it 3 years ago (wait--I do oil and clean it regularly!)because I still think there is an adjustment problem on the stitch regulator in one direction.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:07 AM

That left side switch needs replacing more often than any other part, imho. You can get a new one from Radio Shack for only about $3. Keep a couple on hand. One tip from my Gammill tech guy: get in the habit of pressing the button only as much as necessary to make it work, and you'll need to replace it less often. Quote: "Quit pressing that button so hard!!" (I had a habit of pressing it all the way down all the time.) Now I slowly press it from the edge.