Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long Arm Choice >

Long Arm Choice

Long Arm Choice

Old 03-03-2016, 04:46 AM

Default Long Arm Choice

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am in the market to buy a new longarm and have narrowed it down to my top two choices. A Nolting Pro 24 with the Intella Quilter and a Handi Quilter Fusion with Pro Stitcher. Any suggestions anyone can make on either machine would be greatly appreciated. I am heading off to quilt show in Lancaster to try the machines again. But I am having a terrible time choosing between them. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:09 AM

Good luck with what you choose to purchase. Are you going to both shows or just the AQS one? I will be there as well but looking for another long arm I hope to get the Juki Virtuoso 2200. Hope we both get what we want and a really good deal!
Old 03-03-2016, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Where will you get after sale service? Which is closer to you? I would visit both and get a feel for how supportive they will be after the sale. Do they offer classes, phone support etc.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:16 AM

I have the HQ Avante with the pro-stitcher and love it. It has taken me some time to learn how to use the pro-stitcher but I am getting better and more flexible all the time. I would love the Fushion but have no need for that one as I quilt for myself and just a few others. You should get the one you LOVE the most. It may come down to $$, size, or available support. I love you can call Utah M-F for advice. I have many times, but it seems I need help the most on weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!! It forces me to use the manual more and teach myself to solve a problem. Love their webinars too. Good luck deciding.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:01 AM

If you're going to a quilt show I'd also check out the Innova booth. They have various sizes plus a sit-down model to choose from. The customer service is to die for too. Though you won't find this robotic system at any of the quilt shows at this time, you might want to check out MQR online at..........................

machinequiltingrobot.com/MQR_Longarm.htm

This robotic system can be installed on most of the quilting machines/frames. I have one on my Innova and love it and its at an affordable price too.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

Hopefully you can test run the machines you are interested in. Ask lots of questions. What about customer support after a purchase?
I have an HQ, and I love it! It has served me well.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:13 AM

Test drive, test drive, test drive. I have an HQ16 and love it, but I'm biased.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Where will you get after sale service? Which is closer to you? I would visit both and get a feel for how supportive they will be after the sale. Do they offer classes, phone support etc.
I agree. A support of help leaning your new machine along with service is so important. Compare the options that each machine will provide you and that might make your choice easier. Good luck and have fun.