Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quick Curve Ruler >

Quick Curve Ruler

Quick Curve Ruler

Old 05-05-2016, 06:28 AM

Default Quick Curve Ruler

Does anyone have one of these? Looking at the pictures of it on the website I can't picture how it is used, unless it has a slot to insert the cutter. I love the Urban Candy Quilt and would love to make one but unsure whether the ruler is worth it. I am giving links to both so you can see what I am talking about.

http://justicequilts.blogspot.com/20...rst-quilt.html
http://sewkindofwonderful.com/produc...ck-curve-ruler
Old 05-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

I have always worried about how to sew curves. Good question.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:43 AM

Watch the video presented on the website that your second link, sewkindofwonderful, takes you to. I agree that just looking at the picture of the template makes you think that it is all one solid piece, but when she picks it up, you can see the narrow slot for the rotary cutter.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

I started a DWR with that ruler but life got in the way. the curves are easy. Her trimming directions on this one were different than what i usually do and i forgot and did some my way. Didn't hurt the design of pieces going together. These are not sewn into a block yet.
Attached Thumbnails wedding-ring-blk.jpeg  
Old 05-05-2016, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

seems pricy to me for a one use ruler.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
it does some cool modern type designs.....sewkindofwonderful.....and tutes on YouTube ....granted " one use ruler"
but easy to use.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

I was Road2CA and fell in love with a quilt that was being used to cover a table in one of the vendor booths. The lady in the booth was demonstrating the Quick Curve Ruler, and the quilt was Chic Kisses - http://sewkindofwonderful.com/produc...-paper-pattern - using that ruler. I watched the demo and wound up buying the ruler and the pattern for Chic Kisses. I'm definitely not a sucker for tools at quilt shows, but I will definitely make this pattern with this ruler, and probably some of the other patterns as well.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

I think it's part of the fun, using a new tool.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Not really a one use ruler. The amount of patterns they have come with using this ruler is truly mind boggling. The sewkindofwonderful sisters are two very talented ladies. They have also come up with ways to make more traditional patterns like the DWR and Winding Ways using it. I bought one last month along with their pattern for Winding Ways (they call it Chic Country) but have not had an opportunity to try it out yet. they also make a long arm ruler that matches the arc of the piecing so you can duplicate some of the their quilting featured on their blog. And they regularly offer up new designs/patterns on their blog for free as a tutorial quilt along when they first introduce them. Once the quilt along is done then they sell the pattern.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Not really a one use ruler. The amount of patterns they have come with using this ruler is truly mind boggling. The sewkindofwonderful sisters are two very talented ladies. They have also come up with ways to make more traditional patterns like the DWR and Winding Ways using it. I bought one last month along with their pattern for Winding Ways (they call it Chic Country) but have not had an opportunity to try it out yet. they also make a long arm ruler that matches the arc of the piecing so you can duplicate some of the their quilting featured on their blog. And they regularly offer up new designs/patterns on their blog for free as a tutorial quilt along when they first introduce them. Once the quilt along is done then they sell the pattern.
Thanks for that information, feline.