Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 01-02-2017, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I would but I don't have any more of the fabric for the 2 month group Sorry

Joan, could you maybe send some coordinating fabric for the extra ones? If we got one of your focus fabric and one of the coordinating fabric, we could use scraps from your focus to tie the two blocks together. I'd sure be game for it.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:46 PM

Yes I will also do more blocks
Old 01-02-2017, 01:54 PM

Janice,

So the additional blocks is only for the 2 month group? (Not the 3 month group)

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good morning, Boomers. Regarding the 2 month group, we have two additional people who would like to double up. We have reached our max of 19 blocks for those who have opted to double up but I thought I'd just go ahead and ask if anyone in that group would want to make two additional blocks as well as receive two additional. THIS IS ONLY A REQUEST, absolutely not mandatory. IF you are willing, please post here.

I didn't anticipate so many of you wanting to double up so I wasn't prepped for this. Let's just go ahead and see what happens. Again, totally voluntary. I absolutely don't want you to feel pressured or overloaded. Thanks, Boomers.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:59 PM

Each of the 2 month double ups so far (7 I think) have my focal fabric and a coordinating fabric in it. The ones with only 1 piece of focal fabric in them I could add another piece to. I'm game if they don't mind working with two different fabrics! That way it will give me more blocks too..Thanks Lib!! So Ill do it Janice, just explain what I'm suppose to do..add 2 more to the double up group? All of mine are ironed and packaged but I can add to them.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:54 PM

Definitely NOT the three month group. I answered your PM without checking to see which group you were in. (Too many M's! That's what happens when i answer somebody without checking my notes first.) The only thing that affects you is the delay in an email. Your group will send 19 F8s and make 19 blocks. Nothing has changed.

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
Janice,
So the additional blocks is only for the 2 month group? (Not the 3 month group)
Old 01-02-2017, 04:06 PM

2 month group only

Joan, don't feel any pressure to do more if you don't wish to. We've got TEN now who wish to double so that means we've got to go over our normal max of 19 F8s.. The "doublers" comfortable with the 21 will be sending 21 F8s, making 21 blocks and receiving 21 blocks. The doublers who don't wish to do more, should send me 19 F8s and i'll make sure everyone gets the right number. The singles number has not changed from 12 F8s. As soon as i hear from MonaG and Sewbizgirl, I'll have the final number everyone needs to send. In the meantime, keep getting your fabrics prepped! As soon as i know, I'll let you know. Thank you!

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Each of the 2 month double ups so far (7 I think) have my focal fabric and a coordinating fabric in it. The ones with only 1 piece of focal fabric in them I could add another piece to. I'm game if they don't mind working with two different fabrics! That way it will give me more blocks too..Thanks Lib!! So Ill do it Janice, just explain what I'm suppose to do..add 2 more to the double up group? All of mine are ironed and packaged but I can add to them.

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-02-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the info Janice! I bought the space fabric from JoAnn's. Hopefully those that have done the fabric before won't mind making more blocks. I don't mind if you even make the same one's you did last time. I loved them all.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564835[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0091.jpg  
Old 01-02-2017, 04:28 PM

Im in..thats a total of 9 (not counting me) that need 2 pieces...right?
Old 01-02-2017, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
2 month group only

Joan, don't feel any pressure to do more if you don't wish to. We've got TEN now who wish to double so that means we've got to go over our normal max of 19 F8s.. The "doublers" comfortable with the 21 will be sending 21 F8s, making 21 blocks and receiving 21 blocks. The doublers who don't wish to do more, should send me 19 F8s and i'll make sure everyone gets the right number. The singles number has not changed from 12 F8s. As soon as i hear from MonaG and Sewbizgirl, I'll have the final number everyone needs to send. In the meantime, keep getting your fabrics prepped! As soon as i know, I'll let you know. Thank you!

Reading this, was like a flash back to algebra in HS, which I didn't do very well in, especially the word problems.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:04 PM

Marietta, thanks for the good laugh. I was just thinking I wouldn't even try and figure it out till I heard from Janice. Then I read yours. Loved it