Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 01-02-2017, 11:36 PM

How I read math problems: If 12 purple elephants rode 8 bicycles how many bananas does it take to cover a roof.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:20 AM

Exactly Kassuandra !!
Old 01-03-2017, 02:36 AM

Great quilt A2P. And I love how you embroidered the names on them. I don't embroidery, but I could write everyone's name along with the quilt block name on the blocks for my quilt when I get them back? Oh I really like this idea .
Old 01-03-2017, 04:16 AM

A2P how fun, it turned out great.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:23 AM

A2P wonderful finish. Love everything about it.

Kass
Old 01-03-2017, 04:47 AM

All2Pieces, love it! I see my block too. Don't you love QAYG?
Old 01-03-2017, 05:49 AM

Joan, send me 21 baggies with one piece of fabric in each one. Do not over think this. I'll do the work. Thanks.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Im totally confused now LOL. I have 9 bags with 2 different pieces in each to go to the 9 people that wanted to double up...already in envelope...Then i have 3 bags in a seperate baggie with one piece of fabric in them..I thought it would be easier for janice to already have the "doubles" in bags with my note in it and my name on it.. It still totals 21 pieces of fabric but only 12 bags... If you want me to pull them out and make 21 individual bags I will but it would save you alot of sorting and work if the doubles were actually already "doubled' for you wouldnt it?? LOL oh Lord im going to bed and try to NOT dream of math!!
Old 01-03-2017, 05:55 AM

Default For everyone

Thanks for the post. Your email bounced back. I only got notification last night. I was just ready to send another one but you posted here. THANK YOU.

OK THEN. I've got all I need now. Emails will go out to everyone today and I will post EXACT number of F8s needed this afternoon or this evening. My morning is totally booked or I'd do it now.

To reiterate just one item. ALL F8s should be in INDIVIDUAL baggies!!! Do not combine them. If you combine them I must open them and check each and every one and I won't do it. I'd sooner return them to you. Been there, done that. Crazy making and a horrible waste of time. Individual baggies, ladies! Thank you![
QUOTE=Mona G;7731979]Sorry, I didn't get any notices today. I won't be able to add 2 more blocks due to time constraints.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-03-2017, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by marietta View Post
Great quilt A2P. And I love how you embroidered the names on them. I don't embroidery, but I could write everyone's name along with the quilt block name on the blocks for my quilt when I get them back? Oh I really like this idea .
Marietta, the names I wrote on other quilts have faded through use and years, which is why I am trying embroidery this time. I did this freehand with whatever thread I had handy. You might write all the names on a label on the back if you want to be able to re-write as time goes by.

Everyone - thank you so very much for the wonderful blocks. You should each see your block in there somewhere. And yes, I did the quilt-as-you-go method as discussed on this board. The narrow sashing made it a success. I really enjoyed being able to quilt each block as desired on my simple machine and make each row "fit" together. Other QAYG methods called for wider sashing, and I didn't like the result as much. This quilt was a test for me, and I treasure all the skill and conversation we had while building the blocks. I'm looking forward to another great experience with BOOM 18.

Last edited by All2Pieces; 01-03-2017 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:12 AM

Molly, yes the space fabric is way cool. It will make a fantastic quilt for my grandson. You'll have to let me see your quilt when it's finished!

A2P what a beautiful quilt with a lot of rainbow coloring.! Love how you put it together.

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
A2P, I love the way you put that together. It is beautiful. Boomer's, y'all did a great job.

Muse, isn't that fabric so cool. I love it.