Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-30-2016, 05:01 AM

Right??? How can it a block be made to enhances it? I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Originally Posted by marietta View Post
Absolutely Beautiful fabric joanelizbay. And you want us to cut into that?
Old 12-30-2016, 05:53 AM

Reminder: Sign-ups close tonight.

Tomorrow, I'll start getting in touch with a few people who haven't been posting just to make sure they're still in. Anyone who has signed up and is reconsidering, please speak up before we "officially" start. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2016, 07:21 AM

Joan you found a winner! Amazing fabric.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:28 AM

Thanks...its been my favorite for a long time...just never knew what to do with it. I did use a little of it with a peacock panel I had from Timeless Treasures and it was very pretty...my granddaughter loved it! You ought to check out the timeless treasures collection of these blues/greens etc...I think Mo Star Quilt had some but its out of stock right now. I had to go to Esty and Amazon to find some of the Dynasty line. PLEASE do cut or sew or do whatever you please with it. Ive seen the AMAZING blocks you all make and I'm looking forward to seeing them again with this fabric!!
Old 12-30-2016, 08:21 AM

Yo! Just a note to let you know that I'm still in...I've been very busy custom quilting each block of the last BOM. It's like eating an elephant...one section at a time. Cheers!
Old 12-30-2016, 08:25 AM

I have been dithering on what fabric to send. Guess I will have to make a decision soon. Pretty sure I am going to send the same Mickey Mouse fabric that I used in boom 4, but I am going to ask you to use only WOW with it. And, since I will be setting the blocks on point, please no applique that needs the block to be set square. Hopefully, with the companion blocks that I add, I'll be able to make two bunk-bed size quilts. Hmmm, where did I put the fabric picture? Must still be on my camera so I will post later, but if you look at the finished quilts album, you will see the previous quilt I made with the Mickey fabric.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:43 AM

Think I will join in the two month group with no double up. I will leave the three month for you Janice. That way you will just have to be involved totally.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:51 AM

Janice - Sign me up for both swaps. I'm already in the 3 month group, and all that is bagged & tagged, ready to mail. My DD saw the Leo fabric and my idea for the finished quilt last night. She loves it, and wants one herself. I checked with my local shop & they still have the fabric. I may have to send Leo to one group and Capricorn to another, but it will work out fine in the end.

Happy holidays everyone. Stay safe & warm.

Last edited by All2Pieces; 12-30-2016 at 08:51 AM. Reason: typos
Old 12-30-2016, 10:06 AM

Nope, I'm not going to fold this time despite the boom pull. I just plotted finishing one UFO with sewbiz's QAYG technique and I'm prepping a future UFO. :/ lol.

There's one opening left in the 3 month group if anybody wants it. 11:59pm ET tonight signups close.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Think I will join in the two month group with no double up. I will leave the three month for you Janice. That way you will just have to be involved totally.

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-30-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:08 AM

Ok, A2P! Do you wish to double up or go with a single block for each person?
Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
Janice - Sign me up for both swaps. I'm already in the 3 month group, and all that is bagged & tagged, ready to mail. My DD saw the Leo fabric and my idea for the finished quilt last night. She loves it, and wants one herself. I checked with my local shop & they still have the fabric. I may have to send Leo to one group and Capricorn to another, but it will work out fine in the end.

Happy holidays everyone. Stay safe & warm.