Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- January 13-16, 2017 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- January 13-16, 2017

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- January 13-16, 2017

Old 01-13-2017, 05:20 AM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend -- January 13-16, 2017

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend (started a little late!). For some reason, I was thinking Martin Luther King Day was NEXT week, not this week. So please join us over the next few days as we quilt "together". Are you working on next year's Christmas presents (or maybe last year's still ), started something new for yourself, on a UFO, or just organizing your room? Whatever you're doing, we would love to hear about it. And don't forget to share photos if you can, we all love to get new ideas.

I have some WIPS I hope to make progress on and a couple quilts to quilt and bind. So will check back in with you later
Old 01-13-2017, 05:24 AM

MLK Day is Jan. 16th 2017.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:40 AM

I am in. And then off to a retreat so I can continue on. Yippee
Old 01-13-2017, 05:43 AM

Thanks for hosting again, Raggiemom!

I look forward to these weekends and I enjoy reading and seeing everyone's projects.

My goals for this weekend:

1. Finish 40 quarter square triangles-Bonnie Hunter Mystery

2. Finish my 'sewing room' map

3. Get a backing ready and sandwich a quilt

4. Fringe and tie 2 fleece blankets

Connie
Old 01-13-2017, 06:26 AM

I'm in! I have only two more blocks for the Bonnie Hunter MQ and then the borders left to piece. I hope to finish that this weekend. I look forward to seeing everyone else's projects!
Old 01-13-2017, 06:41 AM

I am beginning a wall hanging for my living room, which we just re-did in grey and yellow. My husband saw a pattern on the screen when I was searching through Google and said "That one!", so that "That one!" it is! It's very modern, but I'll give it a go.
And, I hope to get my stash tidied up. After concentrating on one big project for so long, it's just a wreck.

Watson
Old 01-13-2017, 07:14 AM

I'm in. I simply MUST finish this chemo quilt that I want to give my friend. I messed up the backing at one edge. Maybe I'll post pics to see what you all determine would fix it nicely.

That would thrill me.

I'm playing nurse to my teenage son who just had a very complicated appendectomy. His was the worst case the surgeon had ever seen in his 20 years. Why? Because the appendix "looked like someone had superglued the whole thing to the colon". Surgeon had to meticulously scrape at it. He called in a colleague to assess whether to take some of the colon in order to get the entire appendix, or to leave the colon alone but only get the worst of the inflamed appendix out. He decided on the latter. After 3 hours (normal operation like this takes only 1 hour) , my son has 2/3 of his appendix left inside, a lot of soreness, and the possibility of facing another surgery in two months. He is getting around okay, but gingerly, has a ton of homework to make up (he missed the entire week) and so I might not get as much sewing in as I hope. We'll see.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:44 AM

I'll probably be in and out. I was hoping this would be next weekend when I'll have more free time!

I've committed to going through my sewing machine collection and selecting machines to de-access (sounds better than selling LOL!). I'll be renting a small space in a friend's antique mall, and putting them there. DH is making me a display so I can put one or two cabinets, and 6 machines. Then as they go, I'll replace them until I'm down to where I want to be.

Once I'm off work at noon today, I plan on going out and putting another quilt on the LA - I'm so backlogged with floppies, I want to try to get done one a week until I'm caught up. Would work better if I'd stop making more floppies though - as I just completed a stained glass floppy this AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:56 AM

I am also working on my Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt. My blocks are done, now adding the border pieces. Have been under the weather this week and feeling better now so should get something done. We are in the good old Minnesota winter weather so a good time to be inside. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:58 AM

I'm in! Long story, ran the situation by my DH, BF and DDIL and they all agreed I have to make a baby quilt for a shower that is next weekend. I've started but really want to finish this weekend. First thing I have to do is go buy a new iron - mine started leaking this am. Can't afford any disasters with a time crunch.