2020 UFO Challenge

Old 03-01-2020, 06:10 PM

How are UFO's like rabbits? The breed and multiply.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:03 PM

Congratulations to everyone with wonderful recent finishes!

Old 03-02-2020, 06:41 PM

So do we have a goal number for March?
Old 03-02-2020, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
So do we have a goal number for March?
Mark me down for two in March! I have one top that has been finished since last summer and just looking at me. Off to the long arm quilter tomorrow at 9:00 am. Then back to me for binding and done. While it is away getting all spiffy, I will work on my other projects and then dive into the UFO basket.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Ah such Happy Birds in and among the March finishes...well done everyone.
I ,too, like the 100 Hugs pattern..and yes making the squares bigger is a great way to use up those squares from quilt leftovers.
Meanwhile I found a backing for the second flimsy from my sister...now to piece some leftover batting. Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go....
Old 03-03-2020, 06:59 AM

Well, it looks like my 2 finishes didn't get counted, but that's okay. I am working on a kit that I bought last summer. I had gotten all the pieces cut back in November when we had a day without electricity for line maintenance. And it has been pretty much sitting since. I did get the 300 HSTs made and squared up, so that is where I am now. It is now time to start assembly of the blocks. It just doesn't seem as much fun now that I look at the blocks and all their pieces. There are 25 different fabrics in the kit, so layout is complex if I want it done right.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:30 PM

Did we hear or should I say see the final count for February? I have forgotten who to PM but recall our original record keeper is caring for other responsibilities that are much more important than counting our finishes.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-03-2020 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-03-2020, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

I have two finishes... my big batik quilt and a smaller Eric Carle themed quilt for a child. However, I can't get my doggone phone and computer to work together to upload the pictures I took! I will keep trying and will post the photos when they decide to start behaving.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Did we hear or should I say see the final count for February? I have forgotten who to PM but recall our original record keeper is caring for other responsibilities that are much more important than counting our finishes.
Krisb is our gal while zozee is helping family.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
krisb posted several posts back that we had 33 for February. I think that's amazing! Some late counts may increase that...not sure. And, I'd still PM'd Krisb until we hear differently if she's willing to continue until Zozee is able to resume.

My goal for March is 2 UFO's...one of which is done (Happy Birds) and the other at LA'r (Daisy quilt).