2020 UFO Challenge

Old 03-04-2020, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I have two finishes... my big batik quilt and a smaller Eric Carle themed quilt for a child. However, I can't get my doggone phone and computer to work together to upload the pictures I took! I will keep trying and will post the photos when they decide to start behaving.
I could never get my phone and computer to play nicely together so what I do now, is e-mail the photo to myself from my phone. I open the message in my computer e-mail and save the photo to the appropriate picture file. I can downsize it and save it for posting on the QB.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:39 PM

Thanks, Krisb, for carrying the baton on this.

oksew—you are right. My oldest son is a great dad, too.

We were just informed within the past hour by our son that my DIL has been having contractions all day. Sooooo exciiiiited!!!!
Old 03-05-2020, 07:00 AM

I'm keeping the prayers up for your brother-in-law, Zozee. Thanks for updating us. And yay for the newest baby on the way! Wishing mama a safe and easy delivery!
Old 03-05-2020, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I could never get my phone and computer to play nicely together so what I do now, is e-mail the photo to myself from my phone. I open the message in my computer e-mail and save the photo to the appropriate picture file. I can downsize it and save it for posting on the QB.
Thanks, I will try that!
Old 03-05-2020, 07:40 PM

Yea, Zozee!! So excited for you and happy thoughts for mama and baby for a safe, quick delivery!
Old 03-07-2020, 05:14 PM

Hello everyone, I've been busy packing up some stuff in the past few days. I only have about six weeks and Georgia here I come.

Thank Krisb for your kindness and keeping up the counter position
Zozee, prayers are still being raised for you and your family and hopefully the new grand has been born
WMUTeach, thanks for your method on posting pix
Quossum, congrats on your double finish

Don't mind me I am still working on my 'Hunter Star' while trying to pack. I'm going to sew a seam this evening before I call it an evening

Happy sewing everyone

cherryb
Old 03-07-2020, 06:22 PM

HI, Cherry!! Oh wow....only 6 weeks before you move. I hope that the downsizing has gone smoothly for you and that the sewing breaks have helped with managing stress levels. I know it did for me last year on my move.

Conchalea? How is your packing going? I forgot when your move date will be. Hope things are going well for you, too...

Old 03-08-2020, 02:50 AM

Thanks Teen, I knew you could relate because of your recent move and you had some gorgeous things that you have finished since then. One of my adult grands flew in and 'Surprised' me and she has helped in motivating her Geeg. I am loving that she is here for a few days. We pick up her brother yesterday and we got a few more things sorted out. She is taking some high school yearbooks back home with her and one of my better church dresses that I really can't wear anymore. Her brother found some ball caps that really belong to him. Their mother called last evening to check on our progress. She lives in Georgia also.

Well, I didn't get to make that seam last night, so I better aim for it this morning before church.

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 03-08-2020 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

I think my picture problem is due to a full hard drive on my laptop. In the mean time, I'm uploading on hubby's computer.
The first pic is the Eric Carle "10 Little Rubber Ducks" book theme, then two quilts from past Boom Swaps, then a scrap huggy quilt. All were sitting around waiting their turn...

Attached Thumbnails img_0230.jpg   img_0237.jpg   img_0250.jpg   img_0236.jpg  
Old 03-08-2020, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

And here is the bed-sized batiks quilt I've been working on for over a year: So that's 5 from me for March!

Attached Thumbnails img_0225-2-.jpg   img_0228.jpg