Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 09-23-2020, 02:28 PM

I so want my fabric to get here. I am on a paper piecing roll. I have patterns all picked out, but have to wait to see everyone's preferences. I love working from home because I get to sew on my breaks and lunch. I have like 8 quilts started for Christmas. I love making all the blocks... just dislike sashing. May barter with my best friend who loved putting quilts together but dislikes cutting them out and sewing the binding on, both things I love.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

Amazing that you have a friend you can partner with, Hav!
Old 09-23-2020, 03:08 PM

Hav4, I am so green that you have such a special friend to work with. I love making the blocks, but hate the putting it together and quilting. The binding is actually my favorite part of making a quilt. I know, I'm weird!
Old 09-23-2020, 04:03 PM

I too envy you Have4boys, having a quilting buddy sounds marvelous!

Well I couldn't wait to get started. So I reached in the bag (just like I did for the 3 month group) and pulled out JayneW. Love your idea to have a Boom quilt for each holiday. I just may copy that thought. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails made-jaynew.jpg  
Old 09-23-2020, 04:40 PM

Hi ya'll,

Received the package of 19 today and can't stop ohhhing and awwwing about all the beautiful fabric choices.

Janice, you are incredibly organized to do this project. Thank you.

Showbiz: A friend took photo on her apple phone and sent to board for me. We are still trying to figure out how to shrink picture on my phone.

I also would like to have whites rather than beiges and valentine theme blocks. Thank you.

Signing off. Mobile.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:06 PM

Darn I am jealous of you that already have their package. Mine should be here tomorrow. Will open immediately and pull fabrics per requests and pack them. We plan on leaving no later then 6 AM on Friday, so excited.

it’s going to be so fun to woork on them while in Texas. Sorry about the sentences being underlined. No idea how I managed that

Terri
Old 09-23-2020, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bugaroo View Post

Well I couldn't wait to get started. So I reached in the bag (just like I did for the 3 month group) and pulled out JayneW. Love your idea to have a Boom quilt for each holiday. I just may copy that thought. Hope you like it.

Bug - I LOVE it! I'm patiently awaiting my package and this made me a little less patient! Thank you - its beautiful!
Old 09-23-2020, 09:40 PM
Power Poster

Mobile: I have taken note of your block preference! Usually only what comes in the note is what counts, so I wanted to write down that you wanted whites and valentine theme. The reason is that many people miss things that are posted here and some people don't read every post (horrors!).

I've been searching for ideas for a valentine block, and boy... they are few and far between! Haven't found much more than a big central heart. Hope I can find something unique for you.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:43 AM

Bugaroo, this is a block I've never seen before. Love it! Lucky Jayne.
Originally Posted by Bugaroo View Post

Old 09-24-2020, 04:55 AM

Terri - my package is scheduled to show up tomorrow too. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the fabrics, but I have to be disciplined and get what is on my cutting table dealt with first. I'm making a medallion style quilt, but it's more four quarters than rounds so there is a lot of layout. I've been using my cutting table and my chest freezer (which is in the sewing studio) for laying out the design.

For Valentine blocks, I've found that the theme isn't as important as the colors, and think using reds/pinks/whites is going to look "valentine" no matter what.