Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Directions & Discussion >

February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Directions & Discussion

February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Directions & Discussion

Old 02-16-2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Barb M
So i've never done a BOM before. I see this one is a 12" block. If a person wanted to do each BOM and turn it into a sampler quilt, does this mean all the BOM's are 12' blocks? Or are they dif sizes, and a person just adds sashings and stuff to smaller blocks?
As far as i know Barb M all the boms that have been done are a 12" finished size. If i remember correctly some of the ladies made some of them smaller.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Steve
What really impresses me is the mock project of 20 such blocks on the last page of the instructions. Lots of work, but it would be beautiful. I wish I had time to do it, but for now I'll just have to bookmark it for the future.
Thats great steve, i think you would really have fun with this block. It looks hard but really isn't. I did a practice piece before i did the one to post here with the colors i wanted to use. Once i got past the fear of understanding the instructions, i thought wow , its not that bad. I really like this and now going to make in quilt. I know you can do this, look at all your nice work you do. :thumbup: I want your pillows :lol: Happy sewing Denise.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:07 AM

The instructions are clear enough though a bit involved. Keeping the colors in order when sewing them seems key to me. I imagine using very distinct coloration groups would help that a lot.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to attempt this with striped fabrics! Gadz, can you imagine?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:28 AM

I'm not good at instructions cus of my hd, but im pretty good looking at a block and figuring out my own way of doing it, i better stop talking and start sewing, think i will try and find some brown and tans to do mine in, i think it's a beautiful block Denise
Old 02-24-2008, 03:53 PM

I was just going to comment that the block isn't really that hard you just have to remain focused! Argh! My brain is hurting from all the thinking! It must be good for us though. Alzheimer's prevention? Most likely!

I was certain I'd made my first flying geese block wrong but when I read more I discovered, happily, that it was right. Whew! More to do. Hoping to finish before this evening. Hoping!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 04:12 PM

I missed the class today, but had already started cutting so just kept going. I'm not a beginner and that always gets me in trouble "big head". At this time all the small pieces parts are together, getting ready to start the big pieces parts. If I do't return you'll know it got the best of me.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:07 AM

Just cruzing thru the older Blocks of the Month section. Came across the Interlocking Puzzle pictures. The version broken down into all squares & triangles is the perfect layout for my quilting program! We work mostly with 4" units. A 4-Patch pattern breaks down easily for construction. To this, we will add a row of 4" squares around the outside to make the finished quilt 40" square. Thanks!