Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Husband made it for me! >

Husband made it for me!

Husband made it for me!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:29 AM

what a beautiful view you have through your windows. I love the room too.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 AM

Tell your husband to go to Home Depot (this should excite him right off the bat!) and buy a 4 x 8 installation board. It's pink and very light weight. Then have him nail very narrow strips of wood on the back around all the edges. Then cover with batting and staple the batting onto the wood strips. This can be hung in your quilt room or it is so light weight you can move it around.
Makes a GREAT design wall and your fabric sticks to the batting. And if you have a large quilt or long pieces it holds straight pins too.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Donna - Batiks
Tell your husband to go to Home Depot (this should excite him right off the bat!) and buy a 4 x 8 installation board. It's pink and very light weight. Then have him nail very narrow strips of wood on the back around all the edges. Then cover with batting and staple the batting onto the wood strips. This can be hung in your quilt room or it is so light weight you can move it around.
Makes a GREAT design wall and your fabric sticks to the batting. And if you have a large quilt or long pieces it holds straight pins too.
Hey, thanks a lot! He will be excited for sure! :thumbup:
Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM

Great sewing room, but how do you keep your thread from getting dusty. I cleaned my sewing area and could not believe how dusty my spools of thread were on my rack. So I took a pieced block my mom had made and added borders of muslin around it and made me a cover. I tied it with ribbons at the top of the thread rack. Looks neat and I love to remember my mom when I look at it. Works well though.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by sak658
Great sewing room, but how do you keep your thread from getting dusty. I cleaned my sewing area and could not believe how dusty my spools of thread were on my rack. So I took a pieced block my mom had made and added borders of muslin around it and made me a cover. I tied it with ribbons at the top of the thread rack. Looks neat and I love to remember my mom when I look at it. Works well though.
Have never really had a problem with the dust. Hopefully it is not like I see the dust in the rest of the house - with one eye open.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:23 AM

I used Warm and Natural Batting. Fabric sticks great. But I need to push in pins when things are bigger and heavier so that is why you need the installation boards. The pins go in easy. Try batting instead of the flannel.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:41 AM

Nice Set up, I also noticed the cedar chest is like the one I have. Enjoy it very much.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:07 AM

Love your sewing room. Nice view from the window. :-P