Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
WARNING!!!  DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!!  I BLEW IT!!! >

WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!!

WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 02:40 PM

You know the back of my mini was full of ink marks and after I sprayed the front, all were gone from the back. My question is, do you think WD-40 would work better from the wrong side of the soiled area? I still have marks remaining on the front to remove. It's worth considering.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:40 PM

That's sad all that work. I did that once with an pen for quilting that just rinse off with water. Well it didn't still is blue. A real bummer, so sorry
Old 09-08-2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
That's sad all that work. I did that once with an pen for quilting that just rinse off with water. Well it didn't still is blue. A real bummer, so sorry
Yes, unfortunately, not all the things they claim that works is true. It's trial and error. Well, at least the majority of it is gone and I do feel 100% better. I can live with a light touch on it, but will continue to get rid of it all and chalk up this as a great lesson learned :oops: and others can learn from it too! :-D :-D
Old 09-08-2010, 02:51 PM

I knew the WD-40 would work!!!!
I was so amazed whe n I saw the stain lift out before my eyes.....
A good soaking and wasing in baking soda or viniger wil help the smell out....( how to spell viniger??)
Originally Posted by pbreon
Believe it or not sometimes WD-40 will lift out ink.... try it in s small place then wash with mild detergent.
Take a pic of it when the ink is all gone... I have hope for you.. .and the quiti quilt

I had a carpet cleaner tell me this when I asked him what was he using in the can that was covered with duct tape.... and also from the auto store, an engine cleaning product you spray on and rinse it quicklie... Yes, that was the 2 products he had tapped with the duct tape....I was so surprised and now when I have a stain I use it and it works!!!Especially if it is a petrolium based ink!! just try a small spot first... its worth a try than having to rid the quilt....
:? :? :? :cry: :cry:
Old 09-08-2010, 02:56 PM

A good soaking and wasing in baking soda or viniger wil help the smell out....( how to spell viniger??)
Believe it or not sometimes WD-40 will lift out ink.... try it in s small place then wash with mild detergent.
Take a pic of it when the ink is all gone... I have hope for you.. .and the quiti quilt

I had a carpet cleaner tell me this when I asked him what was he using in the can that was covered with duct tape.... and also from the auto store, an engine cleaning product you spray on and rinse it quicklie... Yes, that was the 2 products he had tapped with the duct tape....I was so surprised and now when I have a stain I use it and it works!!!Especially if it is a petrolium based ink!! just try a small spot first... its worth a try than having to rid the quilt....
WD-40 who'd a thought!
Old 09-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by dsj
My goodness it ought to be stain free from this point on, the poor little thing!! I am glad that it's coming out for you. W-D 40 I will keep that in mind.
I'm so glad the ink came out. It is such a beautiful quilt and it looks like you put many hours into it.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:25 PM

there is something you can get at the dollar store called awesome it is really good i havent tried it on ink but i had to clean one of my rentals and it rolled all off the nicotine and stains out of everything i used it on it is only a dollar a bottle this stuff is awesome
Old 09-08-2010, 03:39 PM

The fons and porter marker is wonderful. It comes out with a spray of water, very thin lines, and you can get refills in several colors.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:59 PM

Yes! I had faith that it would work too!! I read this in a book from the 1800's that ammonia will lift all heavy chemicals from store bought detergents that if you soak your item one hour in ammonia/water prior to washing, all additives and stains will be gone and especially dish towels would be renewed!! Add a little vinegar and both together will rid the item of odors. Ratio was 1c. to the gallon. So only a tiny bit is needed for a small basin of water. Will soak in ammonia/vinegar (correct spelling vin * e*gar) and I can even add a little baking soda too for the softness feature. WD-40 to the rescue!!!

:D
Old 09-08-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by QUILT4JOY

WD-40 who'd a thought!
Don't you know it!!! Never in my wildest did I think I would be spraying with that today!!

:D :D