Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
WARNING!!!  DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!!  I BLEW IT!!! >

WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!!

WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
I was brave. I told myself these ink marks will come out with hair spray. Yes, I really badly wanted to mark my quilt with an ink pen for precise quilting! It soaked for 2 days in ammonia, scrubbed with tooth brushes endlessly and sprayed with the cheapest grade of hair spray (that works the best) and still there are INK PEN MARKS ON MY QUILT!!! yikes. :oops: I've scrubbed with everything and think I have actually set the ink in for good. :? :oops: I'll wash it 100 times and it'll be gone! ;) :cry:
Try "Goop Off" It just might work.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Originally Posted by dsj
My goodness it ought to be stain free from this point on, the poor little thing!! I am glad that it's coming out for you. W-D 40 I will keep that in mind.
I'm so glad the ink came out. It is such a beautiful quilt and it looks like you put many hours into it.
Thank you so much, katiebear1!! You guys are just the greatest!! Thanks everyone for all your help and tips and advice and suggestions!! haha. Yes, I always put too many hours into them but I enjoy it and it's for others after all!! I would love more than anything to donate this quilt when I'm finished to a board member in a drawing but don't know how that could be done.

:-D :-D :-D :-D
Old 09-08-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by iamsogone
there is something you can get at the dollar store called awesome it is really good i havent tried it on ink but i had to clean one of my rentals and it rolled all off the nicotine and stains out of everything i used it on it is only a dollar a bottle this stuff is awesome
Yes, someone else suggested that too. I'll have to check out the ingredients on that one!! Sounds good though!!

:-D :-D
Old 09-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
The fons and porter marker is wonderful. It comes out with a spray of water, very thin lines, and you can get refills in several colors.
Oh, wow!! You're getting fancy on me now!! Will check into that! :-D :-D
Old 09-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mshawii
I was brave. I told myself these ink marks will come out with hair spray. Yes, I really badly wanted to mark my quilt with an ink pen for precise quilting! It soaked for 2 days in ammonia, scrubbed with tooth brushes endlessly and sprayed with the cheapest grade of hair spray (that works the best) and still there are INK PEN MARKS ON MY QUILT!!! yikes. :oops: I've scrubbed with everything and think I have actually set the ink in for good. :? :oops: I'll wash it 100 times and it'll be gone! ;) :cry:
Try "Goop Off" It just might work.
Ok. Thanks msshawii!! Another one to add to my list!!

:-D :-D
Old 09-08-2010, 04:28 PM

When I was in Thailand...I started sewing small craft project.. I always used pencil or pen drawing line on the fabric cause we don't have many variety tools and quilt notions like here....and I knew how hard to get rid of them...but meanwhile, I found enzyme-activated Liquid Detergent from Amway product was AS8 Liquid Detergent.....just put on all ink pr pencil lines then leave my project a couple hour and soaking overnight.... the next day, I just gentle rubbed....all clean....

But I don't know what Amway in USA they named that product ...I'm think you could find that product if you would like to try.....
Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by lotus63000
When I was in Thailand...I started sewing small craft project.. I always used pencil or pen drawing line on the fabric cause we don't have many variety tools and quilt notions like here....and I knew how hard to get rid of them...but meanwhile, I found enzyme-activated Liquid Detergent from Amway product was AS8 Liquid Detergent.....just put on all ink pr pencil lines then leave my project a couple hour and soaking overnight.... the next day, I just gentle rubbed....all clean....

But I don't know what Amway in USA they named that product ...I'm think you could find that product if you would like to try.....
I'll do a search and find out!! Thank you so much, lotus63000! This is great to know and I'm sure many of the ladies here would like to know too if they ever need a stain remover. Will let everyone know what I find out! Thanks again for your help!! :-D :-D

p.s. I did the search. Here is the link: http://www.amwaysa8products.com/

It's "SA 8"!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:34 PM

Try goo-gone on an inconspicuous spot.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by eimay
Try goo-gone on an inconspicuous spot.
Thank you, eimay! Will add this to my ever-growing list!! I think it may be a good one!! :-D :-D
Old 09-08-2010, 04:59 PM

Grandma's Secret spot remover