DD's first quilt!!

DD's first quilt!!

Old 10-01-2010, 07:10 AM

Great Job... she's a cutie..
Old 10-01-2010, 07:28 AM

awesome!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
You have a ton of patience! I could never take on a project like that with a 5 year old! I waited to really quilt until my kids were mostly gone! Didn't like them in my kitchen either! :)
I'm the opposite...I enjoyed working with my kids when they were small, and now I enjoy my grandkids. We make Bread In A Bag when they are here long enough, and we make cookies. How else are they going to learn if no one teaches them? (One of me grandsons loves to watch me sew, and it wouldn't surprise me if he would ask to try it sometime when he visits...and yes, I'll do my best to teach what I can. Getting the cutting part may be a little tricky...he's a lefty and Gramma's a righty.)
Old 10-02-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by jojo47
Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
You have a ton of patience! I could never take on a project like that with a 5 year old! I waited to really quilt until my kids were mostly gone! Didn't like them in my kitchen either! :)
I'm the opposite...I enjoyed working with my kids when they were small, and now I enjoy my grandkids. We make Bread In A Bag when they are here long enough, and we make cookies. How else are they going to learn if no one teaches them? (One of me grandsons loves to watch me sew, and it wouldn't surprise me if he would ask to try it sometime when he visits...and yes, I'll do my best to teach what I can. Getting the cutting part may be a little tricky...he's a lefty and Gramma's a righty.)
I love quilting with my grandchildren. My DGS is 7 and we are on his second quilt. But have not allowed them to cut yet.
Can you give me the recipe for bread in a bag???? Would love to make it with them.