Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
soda pop and swelling in legs and feeet >

soda pop and swelling in legs and feeet

soda pop and swelling in legs and feeet

Old 09-27-2010, 12:39 AM

I hadn't drank soda in a just over a month. Well had to go out Friday and 7-up 2liters were on sale for 79cents. So I treated myself and bought 2.I am now just finishing the second botlle and thinking , Dang my legs and feet are really swollen and hurt. Need to lay down. Thought what have I done differently lately. Soda pop!! And my headache has also returned. Now I was drinking kool-aid during the non soda month, because I had been sick and unable to get out any way. My blood pressure had dropped and didn't need my meds. My sugar was low and didn't need the pills. Just from drinking these 2 botlles of soda these past 3 days , I find my sugar level elevated, and had to take a pill. My blood pressure is up and had to take my meds. My legs and feet are killing me , so I will take something for pain and the nagging headacheI am now suffering from. This will be the last soda I drink , I felt better without it!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 AM

Isn't it funny how each of our bodies work differently? I drink soda pop all the time and don't have a problem. Then one day I think, "I need to quit drinking soda pop and switch to ice tea." So I drank ice tea for two days. My feet swelled up so badly that it took almost a week for them to go down. This had happened once before when I was drinking sparkling green tea and I thought it was because of the sodium content. This time I had brewed my own Wu-Yi Oolong tea (the kind Racheal Ray promotes) and the same thing happened.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:29 AM

Yes, it seems my body is the twisted joke of the century. Soda pop makes my ulcer scream and my feet swell, too. I haven't drunk any in a long long time. When I do it is Sprite Zero and it is only a swallow. It take the fun out of anything that is seasoned nicely! I must live salt free and sugar free. SO, sometimes I just give up and don't eat or drink and that throws me into the other ditch. It is hard to keep it between the ditches, for sure.

Bless you my friend,
Ruth
Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 AM

My Tylenol pm is kicking in, but Salt has been a no no ,not allowed in cooking here for 30yrs now. Get enough in anyway in canned stuff and such. Garlic powder and Mrs. Dash (from wl mart) are my main spices for cooking. I HATE pepper. You must add your own if you want . I do not add when cooking. I 'm mean!! But it actually took going without the soda and then treating myself to realize 9reg or diet) this is my enemy and problem. Now my hubby informed me that there is a food grade hydroperoxide (not sure I spelled right) that you can ingest. I am going to check this out. The couple who told him about it claim they have not had colds, flu and cleared up several health problems since they started taking every day. Supposedly it kills off bad bacteria and stuff in your body and keeps you from getting sick. I asked him to get specifics on how they take so I can do some research on this.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:59 AM

yep its my bedtime my mind is not functioning and I spell like I benn drinking now, which I don't GOOD night everyone!!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Glad you were able to figure out what caused the swelling an pain. I would go mad if I couldn't have my Mt. Dew. My DD takes sustinex everyday because of bowel cramping and swelling. This product works in the bowels to remove the bad bacteria. It has done wonders for her and she stayed healthy all summer. No allergies, colds or infections of any kind. She quit taking it and now the cramping is back and all she does is sniffle. She has never been a healthy child except when she took the sustinex. I'm making her start taking it again. Btw it is a probiotic product.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by twistedsheets
I hadn't drank soda in a just over a month. Well had to go out Friday and 7-up 2liters were on sale for 79cents. So I treated myself and bought 2.I am now just finishing the second botlle and thinking , Dang my legs and feet are really swollen and hurt. Need to lay down. Thought what have I done differently lately. Soda pop!! And my headache has also returned. Now I was drinking kool-aid during the non soda month, because I had been sick and unable to get out any way. My blood pressure had dropped and didn't need my meds. My sugar was low and didn't need the pills. Just from drinking these 2 botlles of soda these past 3 days , I find my sugar level elevated, and had to take a pill. My blood pressure is up and had to take my meds. My legs and feet are killing me , so I will take something for pain and the nagging headacheI am now suffering from. This will be the last soda I drink , I felt better without it!
I don't drink soda of any kind, no sugar filled drinks. I drink decaf iced tea with lemon during the day, after 2 pm I drink water with lime juice, and at "wine o'clock" I have my daily glass of white wine. Can't drink red wine because of allergies. I don't eat processed foods with all the chemicals in them. I grow my own herbs and use them often. I can't do anything with MSG, again because of my allergies. If you read your packages it is in most of the junk you buy. If you watch your packages you will find the sodium content is usually very high. I have very few migraine headaches since I changed my way of eating. And I feel so much better. You have to find what works for you.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:40 AM

It is SO NICE to hear this stuff called 'soda pop' again! When I was growing up in Iowa, that's what we called the stuff. After moving to Texas, I learned that nobody down here knows what soda pop is. Everything that resembles soda pop is called a 'coke', whether it is a coke, or Dr. Pepper, etc.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 AM

I was having major swelling of my ankles and legs while pregnant and my doctor told me "NO SODA". Besides being 1/2 sugar it's also loaded with salt. So, yes, it will cause water retention. I hardly drink any soda-only when I'm out at restaurants as a treat. Otherwise, we're a juice, water and milk family.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

I'm from Texas and always called it soda water!!! when in Wisconsin i went to a store and asked where their soda waters were and got a strange look. so I said sodas, then gave up and said Pepsi. i got pepsi's. sigh.