Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35 >

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

Old 11-20-2010, 07:16 PM

Patti, I would love that teapot pattern! I love collecting homemade pincushions!
Originally Posted by Aurora
I picked up my November Secret Pal Package Saturday. It contained ten fat quarters in lovely fall colors. Somehow I always manage to jump from summer fabric selections straight to holiday/winter fabrics totally missing the fall selections, these are a most welcome addition to my stash. Check out the pin cushion, it even includes a teabag tag dangling from the teapot lid. How do people come up with these ideas? It sits in the spool of thread using a golf tee. As perhaps you can tell I already sampled the chocolate -- the mint packet is empty.

Thank you Patti, it arrived just before my birthday and was a very pleasant surprise. Love signing up for the Secret Pal each month.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:19 PM

Nice!
Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi Everyone, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you !
I mailed my " Squishy" today and it's not traveling too far.

Just wanted to let whoever has me that I won't be able to acknowledge it until after Dec 7th. I will be away for a few weeks. I am moving some stuff to a new home in Calabash, NC. I also won't have access to a computer on a regular basis.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:24 PM

I see so many have sent their packages out and are waiting for confirmation from their SP"S. If you sent one to me, I have not received it yet. But good things come to those who wait and November is not over yet! Happy Thanks for Giving Everyone!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:48 PM

I am with you Alisa. I haven't received mine yet either ... and neither has my Secret Pal ... I just checked my confirmation and it hasn't reached there yet ... hopefully it will soon as I sent it out on the 14th!

I am enjoying looking at everyones packages ... they are all interesting. :)
Old 11-21-2010, 03:51 AM

I think they are stashed in a safe place..my 3-yr-old grandson did see where I put them..you will only need your magic key if I move them up a couple of drawers lol

Originally Posted by pattis47
I'll have to use my Santa's Magic Key and see what I can find one of these fine blustery nights. As soon as Rudolph picks me up and carries me away to your house...... :-( :-( :-( :-(

Originally Posted by donna873
Originally Posted by pattis47
I'll be sneakin about looking for those twizzlers..... yummmy/ very nice package

Originally Posted by donna873
Laura3, I got my squishy today and gal, you rock..how did you know heath bar and twizzlers were my favorites..I stashed that away in a secret drawer very quickly..and thank you so much for the quilt pattern for my grandson..and the fabric is just beautiful, I can't wait to make a quilt with it..here is a pic of my stuff..I love it all..thank you so much
Oh but they are hidden very well.. :o)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-130876.jpe   attachment-130877.jpe  
Old 11-21-2010, 03:52 AM

Patti the Lindor truffles did not make the trip to the drawer LOL
Old 11-21-2010, 04:26 AM

Donna....I love the fabric pack that is hiding the twizzlers and heath bars....What is it?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:32 AM

Laura, it is Civil War Homefront from moda.. I have the 2 honeybuns and the layer cake..have no idea what to make with them yet..ideas?

Originally Posted by Laura3
Donna....I love the fabric pack that is hiding the twizzlers and heath bars....What is it?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:45 AM

At this point in my life my idea would be exactly what yours seems to be....See it, Love it, Buy it and then hope an amazing project jumps out at me. At the present time I have several future projects placed around my sewing room. I have yet to make anything using the Civil War fabrics, but I love the colors. I would think it should be something that compliments the time period. Good Luck and don't forget to post picture when you have that Lightbulb moment on what to do with it...
Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 AM

It is funny, I did not buy them at the same time and did not realize I was buying the same thing..when I got my stuff I had stashed at the rv home and started consolidating my stashes I realized I had a layer cake for my honeybuns lol.. I am making myself finish other projects before I dive into another.. can't wait to see what you do with your sewing room, I am in a quandrey about mine..

Originally Posted by Laura3
At this point in my life my idea would be exactly what yours seems to be....See it, Love it, Buy it and then hope an amazing project jumps out at me. At the present time I have several future projects placed around my sewing room. I have yet to make anything using the Civil War fabrics, but I love the colors. I would think it should be something that compliments the time period. Good Luck and don't forget to post picture when you have that Lightbulb moment on what to do with it...