Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35 >

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

Old 11-20-2010, 09:37 AM

I received a fantastic package from Nicole ("Babkagal") -- thank you so much. I've been trying to eat healthier, so the pkgs of trail mix was a great idea. The "Sew it Seams" iron-on gave me a grat idea for a tote bag. The ribbon will be used for hair bows for my grandkids. The Santa moon ornaments have already been made and are really cute. I have a habit of hoarding jelly rolls, so now finally I have a good pattern to put them to use. You did a great job picking out fat quarters -- I love the fall colors and the "corn" print is perfect for a project I was looking at. The big prints are beautiful -- I'll probably have to just pet them for awhile before I can cut into them. Your card was very sweet, and may I return the wish to you and yours for a happy, healthy holiday season. Thank you for everything.

oops, sideways .. sorry.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130304[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-130299.jpe  
Old 11-20-2010, 09:44 AM

Some lucky lady in Alabama will be receiving a pkg. Mon. or Tues.!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by plainjane
Some lucky lady in Alabama will be receiving a pkg. Mon. or Tues.!
OMGosh Plainjane....your Avatar picture is adorable!!! How cute!!! I just laughed out loud at the little hands folded like a big person! :D :D :D
Old 11-20-2010, 11:59 AM

I'm off the bench :) :) I received a wonderful firmy from tdgiffin. Enclosed was a LED micro magnifier, which is great to help me thread my needles, I tell my DGS frequently that Ya-Ya has "grown up lady eyes" and needs help seeing small objects. Also a FQ 12 pack in a great variety of colors. an adorable teapot pin cushion which is on it's way to it's permanant place beside my sewing machine and a box of King Leo dark chocolate crunchy peppermint patties. YUMMO I've already had one and am eying the box for another LOL I've never had the King Leo's before and now I'll never have any other. Thank you sew much Dawn, for a perfect firmy. And I wish you and yours a healthy, happy holiday season as well. May I say thank you again Dawn.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

Just wanted to let everyone know my secret pal reginalovesfabric is fine and sent me a ver nice hand written thank you note in the regular mail. That was such a relief to know she recieved her gifts and was ok.Now hope mine comes soon. Mary
Old 11-20-2010, 01:01 PM

If you have no electric, do you have a generator for the refrigerator and lights etc? Or are you really ruffing it for a few months.

[quote=Aurora]
Originally Posted by pattis47
Sorry I didnt mail it earlier, you could have done a table topper for Thanksgiving Table.....lol :-D :-D

Thanks for the thought Patti, there is just my Mother and I so we usually eat out for Thanksgiving -- no cleanup involved.

My quilt guild decided our 2011 schedule yesterday. We have several tablerunner/toppers planned so it will come in handy, I will make one for next Fall.

I plan to use the teapot pin cushion with my treadle machine (which I plan to use for most of my piecing once I move to my homestead in May -- no electric for a few months, but cannot survive without doing a few projects).

Your package of most appreciated and will be enjoyed.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:19 PM

Laura3, I got my squishy today and gal, you rock..how did you know heath bar and twizzlers were my favorites..I stashed that away in a secret drawer very quickly..and thank you so much for the quilt pattern for my grandson..and the fabric is just beautiful, I can't wait to make a quilt with it..here is a pic of my stuff..I love it all..thank you so much
Attached Thumbnails attachment-130501.jpe  
Old 11-20-2010, 03:42 PM

Super packages this month! Loving the pictures!
Old 11-20-2010, 03:47 PM

I'll be sneakin about looking for those twizzlers..... yummmy/ very nice package

Originally Posted by donna873
Laura3, I got my squishy today and gal, you rock..how did you know heath bar and twizzlers were my favorites..I stashed that away in a secret drawer very quickly..and thank you so much for the quilt pattern for my grandson..and the fabric is just beautiful, I can't wait to make a quilt with it..here is a pic of my stuff..I love it all..thank you so much
Old 11-20-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
I'll be sneakin about looking for those twizzlers..... yummmy/ very nice package

Originally Posted by donna873
Oh but they are hidden very well.. :o)