Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures. >

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM

That is soooooooo cute! Love the dog and plane idea!! I might have to think about a little yorkie in the yard...lol. And we have small planes flying around our house several times during the day....perfect.....hope you don't mind me stealing your idea :0(
Old 02-02-2011, 03:03 PM

Hobby cat your block is adorable!! I love it! Looks so cozy and warm feeling! Awesome job! :thumbup:
Old 02-02-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Blinky
That is soooooooo cute! Love the dog and plane idea!! I might have to think about a little yorkie in the yard...lol. And we have small planes flying around our house several times during the day....perfect.....hope you don't mind me stealing your idea :0(
Go right ahead & use my idea's all you want. That's the fun part of sharing our block pictures with everyone. We may even get a different idea by looking at someone else's idea, so GO FOR IT!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 02-02-2011, 03:18 PM

All the houses are super cute so far, great personal ideas!!! Im in the middle of test all week and working late.I will get mine done by the week end I promise.Im having a procedure done in the morning and surgery the 11th, so after that I will have a few weeks to sew!!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:22 PM

Great blocks ladies....It's soooo fun to see all the creativity on this forum. I'm planning on doing my house tomorrow....
Old 02-02-2011, 03:33 PM

hobbycat, i loooooove you block!!!! a real farm house scene!!
love it, love it, love it!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:02 PM

Wow, what great farmhouse blocks. Fantastic work girls, your all working so hard and coming up with some great idea's and designs! :thumbup: :D
Old 02-02-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by inemmausinn
the tire swing was my first experiment in paper piecing. 13 pieces of itty bitty fabric.
DH actually made a rope swing on the oak tree in my front yard for grandkids. I was planning to make one for my block but you quickly changed my mind. LOL Front of my house is very similar to block. Excuse the mess -we're on year 4 of rebuilding DH's childhood home with lots of outside painting left to complete.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167975.jpe  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
These are going to be fun to see!!

I just set up the "2011 FARM HOUSE" slide show so we can watch as we go this month. I will check each day for new pictures, but if I accidently miss one, please let me know and I will add it in. We are getting more creative, so should be a lot of fun seeing them all.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow
thanks for doing this! it's nice to see them all together. :D
Old 02-02-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by bailey
Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Love all the blocks so far...Great window boxes and all the extra touches all have put on their house.
Below is my translation of a Farmhouse...Allot of animals taking over the place on a stormy day. Always wanted to live on a farm and have a hse just like this cats and all....
Love, love, love your block. Especially the calf. You all have raised the bar sooooooooo high! I have been working on mine today for about 5 hours and haven't even got 1/2 of it done. I think I have sewn and UNsewn each piece at least twice and a lot of them 3 times. This PP stuff is really, really time consuming. LOL

Got to quit looking at all the great blocks or I will be afraid to post mine....
Suggestion: I put my machine on bast or largest stitch 6.0 just to make sure all lined up and looks ok then I just resew right over the bast stitch if OK...If not so easy to pull the basting stitch out...