Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures. >

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:45 PM

Everyone is so talented! It took me all afternoon just to put curtains in the windows. Me thinks I could have made curtains for my own house in just about the same time but I was determined! Plus to cold and icy out.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:58 PM

hobbykat1955 your farmhouse reminds me of the children's story Too Much Noise by Ann McGovern. Looks like your cat thinks he's king of the castle - too cute!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:00 PM

I wasn't sure I was going to make this one, but I think you've convinced me to change my mind. Your farmhouse is beautiful and I love the personal touch of the rose hedge. Nice job!
Originally Posted by inemmausinn
February's square: Grandma's house. I added a tire swing and a pink rose hedge. I will embroider the bailing twine rope to the tire swing and maybe a cat in the window. The grass and rose hedge fabric are from the 20th anniversary quilt that my oldest made in 4-H. The rest are scraps from various projects. My FIL still lives in a house much like this one that my DH grew up in. His mom has a pink rose hedge and when we bought our old farm house ten years ago he planted a rose hedge for me.

The second picture is my oldest daughter reading a love letter in front of the rose hedge.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:09 PM

This is so much fun that I hated when I finished...now another long mth ahead awaiting next block...BOO Hiss...I'm thinking I'll do another Church and Farmhouse in a diff style to either make a bigger quilt at the end or another one as a gift for someone...Thanks to all the Ladies who are selecting the blocks
Old 02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

WOW!! I love all of your blocks!!
All of the personal touches are so pretty and creative :D:D:D
Old 02-02-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by inemmausinn
February's square: Grandma's house. I added a tire swing and a pink rose hedge. I will embroider the bailing twine rope to the tire swing and maybe a cat in the window. The grass and rose hedge fabric are from the 20th anniversary quilt that my oldest made in 4-H. The rest are scraps from various projects. My FIL still lives in a house much like this one that my DH grew up in. His mom has a pink rose hedge and when we bought our old farm house ten years ago he planted a rose hedge for me.

The second picture is my oldest daughter reading a love letter in front of the rose hedge.
WOW!! :thumbup: Your Farm house block turned out really great. Your addition of the tire swing to your tree is so cute. I also like your rose hedge, what a great idea. These blocks are all going to be so fun to watch as they are being made.
:D :D :D :D
Old 02-02-2011, 02:15 PM

You guys are amazing. I can't believe how wonderful they look. And you did them so fast!! I finally got the templates printed out and cut apart. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start when my kids don't have a snow day!!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Love all the blocks so far...Great window boxes and all the extra touches all have put on their house.
Below is my translation of a Farmhouse...Allot of animals taking over the place on a stormy day. Always wanted to live on a farm and have a hse just like this cats and all....
I Love your cats that you have added to your Farm house block!! :thumbup: I also love all of the other additions you have added. It just makes your block look so different than mine. What a good imagination you have!! To Cute!!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:23 PM

[quote=sew cornie]I wasn't sure I was going to make this one, but I think you've convinced me to change my mind.

YEAH Connie............I am so glad to hear that you are changing your mind. I can hardly wait to see how your block turns out too!! I am thinking that I might just have to make another one & use some of these wonderful idea's.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Love all the blocks so far...Great window boxes and all the extra touches all have put on their house.
Below is my translation of a Farmhouse...Allot of animals taking over the place on a stormy day. Always wanted to live on a farm and have a hse just like this cats and all....
Love, love, love your block. Especially the calf. You all have raised the bar sooooooooo high! I have been working on mine today for about 5 hours and haven't even got 1/2 of it done. I think I have sewn and UNsewn each piece at least twice and a lot of them 3 times. This PP stuff is really, really time consuming. LOL

Got to quit looking at all the great blocks or I will be afraid to post mine....