Okay now to recap here are the steps!
No foundation. Just stick the fabric under the needle and sew.
1. join 3-6 pieces per section
2. join sections together
3. Add long pieces between sections whereever
or on the sides of sections
4. Always angle seams rather than straight seams
for more interest
5. Watch out for holes in construction
6. Sew then trim for faster and easier process
7. When you have an idea of where you are going to cut
and there isn't enough fabric for a corner
Just add a piece across that part to fill in
8. Lay a template on your confusion fabric you have created
Move it around until you have found the look you like.
9. Don't lay the template so a seam lays on the edge of where
you will be cutting. That might make the seam fray apart
10 I try to avoid any square shapes in my preview. Angles are
so much more interesting.