Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Confusion

Thaks a bunch!! I can't wait to get confused. My angelina is 7yrs. and I think I will confuse her ili fingers TODAY.
    She is planing to make a quilt for her teddy. This is verry good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lorie
    Thaks a bunch!! I can't wait to get confused. My angelina is 7yrs. and I think I will confuse her ili fingers TODAY.
    I hope you post pictures!!! Please??? Pretty please?? We love to see and especially when it is a young quilter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Quote Originally Posted by lorie
    I hope you post pictures!!! Please??? Pretty please?? We love to see and especially when it is a young quilter!!
    I am working on the quilt!!!!!!!!! My bears name is Valentine.

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    After seeing this tute and glancing over at my scrap bin with the smaller pieces, I think this would be a fun way to use them up :D:D:D
    That is a good idea!!! :thumbup: :D

Thanks for your clear explanation of Confusion! I'm going to try it!

This sounds like a great way to make use of some of my scraps. Thank you for doing the tutorial! I'm going to have to try making something with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danmar
    This sounds like a great way to make use of some of my scraps. Thank you for doing the tutorial! I'm going to have to try making something with it.
    Post pictures if you can!! We love to see pictures of what you make!

Blog Entries
    Hey, I'm confused most of the time!!LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    Hey, I'm confused most of the time!!LOL
    Then we ought to see some awesome pics of confusion right?? LOL

hey sandpat your pic is really cute, did you take it? Bot that my cats would stand for that for a second, if I tried

Blog Entries
    HI RHONDA I'M BACK GOT THIS FROM YOUR PM BOY WHAT A JOY JUST SEW STRIPS TOGETHER & THEN MAKE SOMETHING. BUT FIRST GOING TO TRY YOUR BITS & PIECES AS A BEGINNER HOPE TO BE A QUILTER SOMEDAY NOT AS GOOD AS YOU BUT MAYBE PASSABLE. I HOPE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fran624
    HI RHONDA I'M BACK GOT THIS FROM YOUR PM BOY WHAT A JOY JUST SEW STRIPS TOGETHER & THEN MAKE SOMETHING. BUT FIRST GOING TO TRY YOUR BITS & PIECES AS A BEGINNER HOPE TO BE A QUILTER SOMEDAY NOT AS GOOD AS YOU BUT MAYBE PASSABLE. I HOPE
    I have been quilting since 1980 so I have done my share of messing up and still do mess up all the time!!

Senior Member MomtoBostonTerriers's Avatar
    Thanks for the tutorial. This is a great one. I am a big fan of no measuring-no matching-no prior planning method of quilting. Count me in as a member of the Confusion Approach!

I noticed that you ironed your seams open. I was taught that you are to sew them to the side that is darker of the two. Which one is better? Also, don't you have any problems with any of your batting coming through your seams?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovequiltedstars
    I noticed that you ironed your seams open. I was taught that you are to sew them to the side that is darker of the two. Which one is better? Also, don't you have any problems with any of your batting coming through your seams?
    If you watch and catch any seams that are not tight you don't have any problem with batting. I iron mine open as when you are doing small stuff I don't like that raised feeling you get when you iron to one side. It shows up in minis and affects the way it looks. Makes it look bumpy. I don't get every seam to stay open but if you spray each seam they will stay open. I don't bother but I do reiron them open as I work from time to time. Sometimes they will not stay open and I just ignore what I can't get to lay flat. When the seams are flat then the whole top is more a cohesive whole. It all looks like one piece of cloth.

You can iron to the dark if you choose it just isn't for me. I like the look of the finished project when I iron them open. It does take a bit more doing but it is worth it I think. When you do miniatures the things that would fade into the shadows in a big quilt stand out like a sore thumb in the mini version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    More
    That is so cool and really pretty I love it!!! :mrgreen: ;) :lol: :thumbup:

I love this! I have many little pieces from many sewing projects over the years. This would be a great way to use some of those pieces up.
    Thanks for doing such a good job on this!

Thanks, Rhonda...I printed your crazy quilting "rules" then DUH, it dawned on me that I only hand sew. When I cut thru pieces, I guess I must use then right then, else the seams will come apart. Any suggestions? Thnx agn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eightylady
    Thanks, Rhonda...I printed your crazy quilting "rules" then DUH, it dawned on me that I only hand sew. When I cut thru pieces, I guess I must use then right then, else the seams will come apart. Any suggestions? Thnx agn.
    Sounds like you are doing it right! Just make sure you don't end up with a hole in the middle. Other wise just sew sew sew! I love this because it is forgiving. If you have a crooked seam it doesn't really matter unless it is a half circle! LOL

I used to do everything by hand. I don't do it much anymore other than to close something with a blind stitch.

Have fun!

Rhonda, I remember watching my grandma sew quilts somewhat like your crazy quilting. She would sew these little left overs onto a piece of white material, making stips the length of her quilt then sewing the strips together. I always wished I could remember how it was done. Thanks to you I think this is it.... Sincerely, Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    Rhonda, I remember watching my grandma sew quilts somewhat like your crazy quilting. She would sew these little left overs onto a piece of white material, making stips the length of her quilt then sewing the strips together. I always wished I could remember how it was done. Thanks to you I think this is it.... Sincerely, Cheryl
    This is fun to do and can be very addicting!! LOL

Rhonda, I have a question. Yesterdeay I found where you were teaching a class, Up to #19, I thought maybe I could catch up, went to look for it today and can't find it. I'm I loosing my mind? (smile)

Sincerely, Cheryl

So cool! I love your hotpads!

thank you Rhonda, a great idea for my scraps..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    Rhonda, I have a question. Yesterdeay I found where you were teaching a class, Up to #19, I thought maybe I could catch up, went to look for it today and can't find it. I'm I loosing my mind? (smile)

Sincerely, Cheryl
    That is the Sampler Quilt Along. You can find all of the weeks here
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1017

Hope this is what you saw. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast