Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: How to make a coiled fabric basket using clothesline and strips of fabric

Just want to say "thanks for the tutorial" Started one last night, inbetween preparing dinner and nightly "chores". It is so fun and goes quickly, one you've wrapped the cord. Fun fun!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Wonderful Tute. Thank you so much. Your embellishments really make it pop!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    I am in awe of your work. Your basket inspires me. Do you use a certain needle? I have loads of scraps from string quilts I have made. I may try a scrappy one. Thanks for the resource of cording at the Dollar Store, will check that out today.
    Have a wonderful 2014. Happy New Year to all.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

Blog Entries
    thanks for your now to - pictures & lessons. Have you ever tried blue jeans & does the color bleed off them if you have made one. How about red cotton, etc. any bleeding there. thank you again. sherian

Thanks for the tutorial. I took a class at the LQS to make these and they really are a lot of fun. I chose a fabric that I bought online and didn't really like. Since you lose the pattern of the fabric and only get the colors, I was really happy with the way it turned out. One word of warning to everyone though. Be careful about the fabric you use. One lady in the class had a fabric that was kind of slick. It was a quilt-shop quality fabric but it just felt almost like polished cotton. She couldn't get it to angle up. Even the instructor couldn't get it to work right.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10